Rain

Dear The One That Got Away (TOTGA),

I hate the rain, because it gives me the lonely, clammy, and wet feeling.
I never loved the coldness it offers nor the sleepy vibe it oozes off.
I don't enjoy the puddle of waters it make nor the carefreeness it instills to people.
I dislike movies that uses rain to create romantic scenes, it doesn't give me the giddy feeling but rather a sickly anticipation of getting sick and drinking medicines.
I hate the rain, the dark clouds, the thunder, and the heavy pouring sound it make.

Then I met you, my very own rain.
I never thought that, the day I would love raining would come, but you did and you came in my life like a storm, crashing down my imaginary built walls.
You came like a thunder, deafening the sound of my nightmares.
You came in my life like dark clouds, and I never thought I would love darkness this much.
You came like the heavy pour of rain, showering me with infinite parts of you to love.

Suddenly the rain doesn't remind me of just coldness but rather your tight warm hugs, your favorite chocolate and coffee drink and your favorite blanket and pillow.
Thunder doesn't just gives me goosebumps anymore but also warm cheeks from your kisses, aching tummy because of our laughter, and breathless moans because of our moments.
Lightning strikes meant another meaning to me like stolen pictures of you while sleeping on my lap, cameras flashing as we pose for our kiss in the picture, and the lights off moments as we both cuddle to sleep.

Suddenly I don't mind goofing around under the rain as long as I get to kiss you again and again.
I don't mind getting sick anymore as long as you're taking care of me.
I don't mind hearing the sound of the heavy pour of rain as long as I get to hear your laughter, and your voice.
I don't mind the dark clouds approaching anymore as long as every time they come, I spent my every hour with you.

But then everything stopped, the rain, the thunder, the lightning strikes, everything.
Suddenly you were there pouring down on my life and suddenly you're gone just like the storm.
And now I'm left between hating and loving the rain because of you.
Because just like the infinite number of raindrops pouring, you also left me with infinite memories to continue raining down on me.

And I don't know if I should continue loving the rain just like you or hate it because of the things you left to me to remember. But in the end I just know, I love you still.

Love,
Nicole