Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Lianne's POV

"I'm done with your stupid game Lianne"

"I'm married"

He has changed. I'm no longer his weakness.  He watched as I walked out of his office without even putting up any emotions on his handsome face. The old Xavier wouldn't stand there and and do that, he'd do anything to make me stay. 

He would always  stop me from walking away. He wouldn't let me go, he would hug me tight and say "I love you babe, please don't leave". It's amazing how times turn, how people change.

 I know it's my fault . 

I can remember that night at the restaurant clear as day. I remembered him walking towards us, Xavier Velasco, the most attractive man I know. A man with strong presence,ridiculously rich, handsome and irresistible to women, but most of all, a loyal man with unconditional love. 

He walked towards us with sharp, glaring eyes that almost resembled that of a predator aiming at his prey. He didn't hesitate to land a punch on Geoff, we felt his anger intensely, it was overwhelmingly frightening. The feeling of betrayal and broken heart turned into rage, it consumed him and made him unstoppable. 

I remembered my desperate attempt to make him stop the punches, my voice shaking while I pleaded in fear that he might turn on me instead. 

"I will only ask this ones Lianne, whwo will you choose, me or that guy?" those firm words were his response to my plea. 

I didn't know who to pick, I was too greedy and I still am. I love Geoff but I don't want to let go of Xavier. I wouldn't be able to stand it if he ends up with another woman. He is mine and mine alone. We are meant for each other however that night, I decided differently. I chose Geoff. 

He looked at me, his eyes were full of sorrow and rage as I expected but I wasn't ready for the next thing that happened. He took out a little box from his pocket and placed it on the table, it was an engagement ring meant for me. I froze as I saw it and was unable to speak a single word as I watched him walk out of the restaurant. 

After that night I never saw him again 'till now. I have regretted not choosing him. I realized that I want him more  than Geoff  and I will do anything and everything to get him back. 

I am Lianne Santiago, yes, I am a very greedy woman. What's mine is mine, although he slipped out of my fingers I'd always get him back, nothing, no one will stop me from reclaiming him. 

-------------------------------------

 Laurence's POV

"Eyy! How are you man? I haven't seen you in a while." pagbati ko sa lalaking kapapasok sa pinto ng aking bahay. 

Napakalaking himala na nandito ang kapatid ko sa bahay dahil sa pagkakatanda ko ay ayaw na ayaw niyang nagpupunta dito. Bakit ayaw niya nagpupunta sa bahay ko? dahil nandito ang mga gamit ng lolo at lola namin na namayapa na. Walang pakialam si Xavier sa mga multo pero pagdating sa mga lumang gamit ng lolo't lola namin kinikilabutan siya. 

Hindi niya pinansin ang pagbati ko, deretso siyang naupo sa sofa sa living room, sumandal at tumingala. 

"Napadalaw ka, namiss mo ba ako? Akala ko ba ayaw mong nagpupunta sa bahay ko?" tanong ko sa kanya 

"I gotta talk" simpleng sagot niya.

Mahinahon ang kanyang pananalita. Dahil duon ay naging seryoso ang aking expression sa muka at agad akong napaupo sa harapan niya.  

"I see. So tell me, what's the problem?" seryoso kong tanong sa kanya.

"Lianne" sagot niya 

"Lianne?" nagulat ako nang marinig ko ang pangalan na iyon. Matagal ko nang hindi naririnig ako pangalan na yun mula kay Xavier 

"She's back" sabi niya sa akin habang nakatitig parin sa kisame. 

"Is she messing things up?" seryoso kong tanong.  

"Yeah.." 

"And?"

"I don't want to ruin things.. you know.. with Gab..." mahina niyang sabi sa akin

"Do you think she'll go that far, knowing that you're already married?"

"Yes. She came into my office yesterday and tried to seduce me" pagkukwento niya sa akin

That is Lianne. I expect nothing less from her. 

"Did you tell her you're married?"

"Yeah"

"Then?"

"She walked out on me, but it doesn't mean that she's done. I know her. She will do things that will make our lives complicated" seryosong sabi sa akin ni Xavier 

Naniniwala ako sa kanya. Knowing Lianne, she'll do something ridiculous that will complicate things. 

*Sigh 

"So, what do you want me to do?" tanong ko sa kanya 

"Just give me some advice, Rence. I don't know what to do" sabi niya habang seryosong nakatingin sa akin 

"Just be real" sagot ko sa kanya 

"What do you mean?" tanong niya sa akin 

"You don't want to ruin things with Gab, right?"

Tumango siya sa tanong kong iyon

"Then that's all that matters. Don't think too much about Lianne"

"Yeah...." yun lang ang sagot niya sa akin.

"I know what you're thinking. You're worried of what Lianne might do"

"I am" 

"Well whatever it is, I've always got your back" 

We are both aware of Lianne's ways and we're not planning on taking this situation lightly.