TPO Chapter 7: Luke Skywalker

Photo of Lucas at the right

If you want to create banners for me, just post a message on my wall. I'll put them on the next chapters. Thanks a lot!

Chapter 7

LUCAS

"We are down to the last 10 seconds of this basketball game. 78-76, Ravens in the lead.", the commentator announced, in a very husky voice.

Let's go Tigers! Let's go! Let's go Tigers! Let's go!

The people in the gym were either in crimson or blue shirts, almost all of them were standing. They were roaring their hearts out and clapping their hands in a rhythm to show support for their teams.

Loud banging of the drums, as well, were all over the area. It kept reverberating caused by the high ceiling of our school's gym.

"Time out, Tigers." 

"Come on, huddle up. Hustle up. Get over here.", Coach Morrison said, extending his hands on our shoulders.

"Alright, take deep breaths guys. Come on, deep breaths.", I added, totally exhausted.

"You tired boys?"

"No, Coach!"

"You guys, can still run while those boys are completely gassed out. We can make it until overtime. Stephen and Lucas are our first option. We go for a quick two. Push the ball. Go hard to the hole. Everybody, attack the boards, got that?"

"Yes, Coach!"

"Alright, Tigers on three. One, two, three."

"Tigers!!!", all of us growled wildly, putting our hands together in the middle of our huddle.

I could feel the pressure strongly pushing my ass.

Coach relied on me. The team put their trust on me.

I needed to step up this time. I wouldn't miss this shot. We would win this game. State Championship would be at stake.

The ref whistled, indicating that the game continued. 

Max, sweat unstoppably poured on his face, was at the sideline for the inbound. He really played hell of a game, 100% in the freethrow line and was 4 out of 6 from the top of the key.

On the other hand, Ty was waving his arms, asking for the ball.

He was a very different person for today's game. He surpassed his career high 17 points. He bagged a couple of jumpers and three's last quarter, cutting the lead to just a possession.

Max saw his persistence and bounced the ball to him.

10.. 9.. 8..

Ty caught the ball with his left, dribbled it for a quick cross over. He couldn't escape his guard. The opponent's arms were stretched sideways, throwing up-down motion. He couldn't pass through him.

7.. 6.. 5..

Just five feet away, Ty spotted the free shooting guard Stephen and immediately released the ball tossing it like a meteor had fallen from the sky.

Stephen jumped before the guy in blue got the chance to steal it. He was able to safely seize the ball in his hand. He was open for a three. He leaped as he straightened his arms for a fade-away three pointer.

The ball smashed into the board, producing a loud thud. He missed it. It was obviously too strong.

I saw a glance of his negative reaction about his failed three-pointer. He was clearly disappointed with his shot.