Chapter 34

"We need to talk" Aaron talks again.

"There is nothing to talk about" I hiss at him. "You messed up. I think you're an asshole" I pretend to be thinking. "Yip, nothing to talk about." I glare at him and then turn back to my work.

"Leave it man, you've done enough" Ayden says, "This isn't the time."

Aaron eyes Ayden, then at me. He huffs, rolls his eyes and then faces the front again. That was easier than I thought it would be. Why did he listen so easily?

I look over at Ayden, giving him a shy smile. He returns the smile and then goes back to scribbling in a book.

With nothing better to do, I return back to my work.

I feel a nudge and look over to my right, Devon has a stupid smirk on his face. He passes me a folded piece of paper.

You are so sexy when you're mad. I want to do bad things to you.

I don't get it. I left my last school to escape boy trouble, but here I sit, literally surrounded by it.  I have so much to think about.

...
I finally exit detention, walking as fast as I can to get out of school, I know my mom is waiting outside for me. I texted her I had detention.

While waiting in the parking lot I see Ayden walking to his car. I wonder why he couldn't make it to the party. I suppose no time like the present to ask him

"Hey Ayden, wait up" I shout, running towards him.

"Hey whats up?" he gives me a confused look. After all, we were all just sitting together for detention.

"Nothing" I smile, "just wanted to know if everything is okay? Missed you at the party"

Shit, I hope he doesn't think I meant it like romantically.

"Yeah, really bummed I couldn't make it actually, heard it was a blast" he gives me a look. Does he know something I don't.

"If you count Aaron outing his affair in front of everybody" I chuckle but roll my eyes.

"Shit I completely forgot" he puts his face in his hands. "I really am sorry about that" he gives me a sad smile.

"It's really okay" I think in a short time I will be okay with it. For now it hurts, but there is no real use in crying about it. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't come. He would have seen me and Devon together. It's not something I want to explain to another person.

"So you are sure you are okay?" I question again, he hasn't really answered the question.

"Yeah, no I'm fine" he looks away. "Just stuff is going on at home."

"oh I see, do you maybe want to hang out sometime this weekend and catch up?" I suggest, hoping he will say yes. I don't want to worry about him.

"Sure, after our sports. We can go to the beach or something" he smiles at me.

I smile back and I know the conversation is over. He begins to walk towards his car, when I here a hooter. It's not my mom, it's Devon.

"Get in babe! Let's go for a drive!" he slaps the top of his car and giggles to himself. I probably shouldn't, this is probably not going to end well. But look at him, he looks so happy and care free. A little drive won't harm anybody.

"Okay" I say back, climbing into the car and texting my mom that Devon is giving me a ride home.

...

"So why were you in DT?" I ask, lowering the volume to the music. We have been driving for about 40 minutes, along a road I'm not familiar with. It's along the beach, but from a different place. It's breath takingly beautiful. Hopefully we will stop and bask in what's left of the sun.

"I bunked a class, you know me" he smirks towards me and then faces the road again.

"eew, please don't tell me you were hooking up with somebody" I pull a face of disgust, but really I'm trying to hide the hurt. What if he was hooking up with somebody? Why would I be hurt by it anyway. I can not fall for Devon again.

"No, ofcourse not. I just didn't feel like going to class. And anyway, your ex was in that class, I didn't feel like getting arrested for assult"

"aww that's really sweet" I giggle at him. "But it's not the first time I've been cheated on" I look away, remembering a time from my past.

"We need to talk" Devon huffs. I knew this was coming, and I'm glad it's finally happening, but I'm nervous. There are so many emotions that I've had to deal with and push aside for so long.