Chapter 15 - True Feelings

Yuki pov:

"Ah, finally home!" I let Arata and Akio inside before following them to to living room. I sat down sprawled out on the couch with my head against the backrest.

Today was such a busy day! Namiko san was still resting so Satarou san had given me the keys of the shop. I was the only one to take care of things at the shop today so I had to help people as well as do the billing part. I had more customers than usual too. I suppose it was because everyone knew my work timings were till five in the evening and they all had to get groceries before I left. It was really nice of them to think of my comfort but man, managing everything singlehandedly was tough!

"Nee chan! Look! I got an A+ in my drawing test today!" Akio held up the picture he had drawn as he ran to me.

Deciding not to be unladylike anymore, I sat up properly and took the sheet from him. It was a drawing of the forest behind our house. There was the stream, the trees in the background and the three of us standing next to each other holding hands. I couldn't help but smile before putting the sheet aside and picking up Akio to sit him on my lap.

"That's a really nice drawing, Akio! We should stand in front of the stream like that and have our picture taken!" He giggled as I nuzzled his cheek.

"Yay!! I love you nee chan!" He wrapped his little arms around my neck and nuzzled my cheek with his nose in return.

"Nee chan! I got an A in drawing but an A+ in the spelling test!" Arata joined us on the couch holding out his worksheet to me.

The teacher had drawn a smiley face, written 'good work' and given an A+ on the spelling test. Arata had made a mistake in just two spellings and I was so proud of him. My brothers were very intelligent!

I pulled him onto my lap as well and hugged both of them with my eyes closed. It made me feel warm and happy. I could feel their hair tickling my cheeks and the innocent giggles made the moment all the more lovely.

"I love you, Akio, Arata. I love you so much." I mumbled. They giggled and I smiled as they kissed my cheeks.

They squirmed out of my hold and got off my lap after that. They ran into the room and came out with their toy cars to play with. They sat down on the floor and began to run the cars on the floor. I had nothing else to do since Nozomi san had given me some food she had prepared so we could have it for dinner. There were a few dishes to wash but I was lazy to do that right now. I stayed on the couch just watching my brothers and enjoying this pleasant evening.

A little while passed before we heard a knock on the front door. Arata and Akio didn't get up knowing that it was just someone from the town. If it was a knock on the kitchen door, they would be the first to get up, completely ignoring their toys and racing to welcome Juo.

I walked to the front door and opened it. I smiled as I saw Hiru standing there. "Hiru! C'mon in! What are you doing here so late in the evening?"

"I just thought I would drop by. I got these for your brothers!" He handed a bag to me as I let him in. Looking inside, there was a box of expensive chocolates.

"Hiru! You didn't have to buy this!" I said. I accepted the chocolates even though I was a little awkward about it. Even if I told Hiru that I didn't want to accept it, he wouldn't take it back. Besides, I liked these chocolates too.

"Its okay. I wanted to buy it for the twins." He said smiling.

When he entered the living room, he was attacked by my brothers. He chuckled as they latched onto his legs and pulled him to the couch. They showed him their worksheets and Hiru complimented them while ruffling their heads. But for some reason, some part of his smiling and actions seemed half hearted. They looked sort of....forced.