Chapter 26 - Overcoming Obstacles

Yuki pov:

"Okay.....so now it's time for all of you to walk into the town and let everyone know of the wedding. With this and the support of those gathered here, Juo must take his place as the Lord." Sumire sama instructed.

We had spent some time celebrating after the wedding. Namiko san had prepared several bentos so all of us had sat down on the grass in the courtyard of the shrine to eat. It was absolutely delicious and our meal was made even more fulfilling by the happy chatter. Everyone spoke to and received Sumire sama's blessings, we all talked about funny and exciting events that happened to us and we even played a game of tag. Takano nii and Reina nee even told us about how it was when they got married.

My brothers were absolutely excited that we would be staying with Juo from now on. We spent time playing with them and listening to them when they described their friends and teachers from school. They had brought along some of their test papers and drawings to show everyone too.

When everything settled down, we decided to discuss what to do about Hitoshi san and Hiru. I was the only one who knew the truth about them and Juo's parents at the moment so Namiko san told the rest of us more about the Akizuki family and how Hitoshi san had been responsible for everything negative about Juo.

Juo himself was completely unaware of the fact that Hitoshi san was the reason for his parents' death. He had a mix of anger, hurt and helplessness when he heard so but I had held his hand, giving it a squeeze in reassurance that things were going to get better from here on out.

"Sumire sama, is it really okay for us to just walk through town? Shouldn't we maybe tell everyone about the truth first?" I asked, thinking of the possible chaos that could be caused by everyone suddenly seeing Juo walk through the town.

"I think what Sumire sama is suggesting is a good idea." Megumi san voiced out. "A few members from the City Jurisdiction are coming to town today for a half yearly inspection. All of us working at the mansion were informed about it. Hitoshi sama was planning to tell them about Hirui sama's and Yuki's wedding. He was also planning to have Juo sama attend and congratulate them. Walking through the town and most of all, appearing in front of Hitoshi sama and Hirui sama will cause an uproar. You can use this chance to tell the truth to the City Jurisdiction as well as all the people."

"Yuki.....I'm sort of nervous. Maybe we shouldn't be doing this. Let's just run away! Let's go with nii san and nee san." Juo looked at me, his eyes showing just how scared he was.

I could understand why Juo wasn't very positive about the idea but it was the only way for us. Running away was probably the easiest option for us to be happy but the people of the town had to understand that Juo wasn't a bad person. This town was his home. This town was governed by his family for many generations and he had to continue it. He was the real Lord, he loved these people and he was the only one who could free them from living afraid of Hitoshi san and Hiru every day.

"No, Juo. We have to do this. This isn't only for us. This is for the town, for your people. Hitoshi san and Hiru threaten the people with their jobs and their means of survival. If we leave it as it is, no one in this town will truly be happy. You are the Lord, Juo. And you have to do what's best for your people, right?" I told him gently.

He still looked unwilling but nodded. "I guess so....I do want everyone to be happy. But will they really stop hating me? What if they don't want me to be their Lord?"

"They will love and respect you, Juo kun." Takano nii reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. "No one knows the truth. But when they do know the truth, everyone will support you and want you to take your rightful place. I'm sure they all want a Lord who will keep his people happy."