Chapter 17 - Realization

This chapter is dedicated to Rangami-chan! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juo pov:

"Oh no you don't! I'm going to catch you!" I laughed seeing Yuki chase Arata during our game of tag. We were out in the meadows near the stream and after playing in the water, splashing each other, Akio had suggested we played tag.

Yuki was the catcher and she was running after Arata. She finally caught him and he burst into peals of laughter as she lifted him up in the air. Yuki fell on their back with Arata on top of her and Akio ran to them and fell on top of her as well. I walked to them still laughing and I fell on my back next to Yuki.

These three days were probably the best days of my life. I was here with Yuki, Arata and Akio, without one insult, without one injury to my body or heart, and days filled with love and affection. Never had I expected that Yuki would love me just as I loved her but she did. She really loved me and she had told me herself.

Just looking at her next to me and remembering the kiss we shared, my heart wouldn't stop pounding. I remember the first time I asked her if I could kiss her and the first time she showed me what it meant to express your love with a kiss.

>>Flashback

"I-I....the thing is....c-can I, can I kiss you? Like h-how your brother and sister did??" I couldn't meet her gaze. I was nervous that she would find my question strange and get angry for asking something like this. If she ended up hating me, I wouldn't be able to stand it. Maybe I shouldn't have asked this question....I was so stupid! Why didn't I think of the possibility of this going wrong?!

I was surprised though and I tensed as Yuki stepped closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. She nuzzled her face into my chest and I looked down at her with wide eyes.

"Juo? Are you saying that you love me more than a friend?" She asked, titling her head up to look at me. She was smiling and what she asked me made me feel extremely embarrassed. My whole face felt hot as I watched her and all I could do was nod.

But I wanted to be honest to her. I loved her so much that my heart hurt in happiness when I was around her. I felt so full, so warm, the best feeling any person could possibly feel.

"I love Yuki a lot....and if....if it was ever possible, even though I know its not, if I could wish for one thing in the world, I would want to be with you forever, Yuki....maybe even m-marry you....." I felt embarrassed to have her look at me when I told her the extent of my feelings for her. So I shut my eyes tightly and wrapped my arms around her to hold her tightly. My heart was racing and was right about ready to break out of my chest when Yuki tightened her arms around me.

"I love you too, Juo....more than a friend. More than any other person I have loved in my life. But....you will still be second place to Arata and Akio." She teased making me let her go.

I was watching her with wide eyes. They were stinging, the happiness and relief bursting out of me. I couldn't stop from grinning widely, ecstatic to know that she loved me too. This was the best moment of my life! Never before had I been this happy....happy was a word that had no meaning to me until I met Yuki and her brothers.

I tensed again when Yuki pulled her hands away from me and cupped my cheeks. I didn't know what to do as she watched me with that affectionate gaze. She just watched me silently for a few moments before standing on her toes and letting her lips meet mine. I froze, my eyes going so wide that they hurt.

I clenched my jaw tightly as I shut my eyes, not knowing how to react.

She pulled away a few seconds later and gave a musical laugh. "Juo, you have to relax. Don't press your lips together like that.....you have to open your mouth a little."