Chapter 1

Fabian

"Fabian!" my mom yells, causing me to look up from my cereal and blankly stare at her. "Are you even listening to me?!"

"Uh, yeah, definitely," I stutter.

"What did I just say?" she questions, raising her eyebrows at the lie I just told.

"Something about... school? And homework?"

She sighs and repeats herself for probably the fourth time (I hadn't been paying attention to the first three, of course) "Don't forget your lunch."

"Oh. Right," I nod, rubbing my eyes. 7:30 was way too early in the morning for her to be grilling me. 

She looks like she's going to say something else, but just gives up and crosses her arms. Standing up from the table, I grab my backpack and lunchbox, say a quick goodbye to her, and race out the back door and through the yards towards my bus stop.

When I finally get there, I see my best friend, Nico, who waves me over.

"Hey man," he says, high fiving me. "What's up?"

"Eh, not a lot. Just really tired of waking up early," I reply, rubbing my eyes.

We've got about two weeks left of school, and it can't come sooner. Everyone is getting antsy; it's so warm out. Staying inside all day learning about things we don't care about and knowing that right outside perfect beach weather is waiting is not the best feeling.Nico and I continue to talk about school when the bus finally pulls up. Following the six other kids onto it, we walk all the way to the back and sit down.The bus gets louder as people begin to greet their friends, and I glance out the window.

And she's there.

The green eyed girl, from my dreams.

I turn my head, not processing what I'm seeing, and when I turn back, she's gone. I blink a few times, and chills race up and down my body. I start to feel a little nauseous, when Nico taps me on the shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah I just..." I shake my head.

The bus starts to drive away, and I laugh it off. Hopefully it was just my imagination.

Something's telling me it's not.