The Angel or the Bad Boy, which one to pick, Heaven or Hell?

New story. Tell me what you think. I think is it boring. But please give me constructive criticism! It would be of most helpful! :D

Thanks

Chapter One

I dropped the book I had been holding to stare at the guy looking down at me with such arrogance that I wanted to kick him in his tenders. Really, since when do bad boys go to the librabry to read a book?

Unheard of, yes.

I stared angrily at Dante Angliekai. His brown eyes flashed back and he put both his arms on eithier side of me. His leather jacket parted to his silver shirt and his pants stopped to the black converse shoes he's wearing. His lips curled into a mocking smile.

'Scared of me, are you?' Dante brushed his cheeks against mine and I felt a shiver in my spine. I replied,'Scared of what exactly?'

'A guy playing around as a dimwit in a leather jacket and a motorbike?' I retorted. Yeah, right. I'm Mayla Kessinger. I hissed in disgust as Dante fingered my light brown hair and sniffed at the strands. Dante just stood there grinning and taking his fill. I pushed at him but the won't budge. 'Just find the book yourself.'

'Kessinger.'

He said sternly and lifted his eyes and behind them were threats. A scene of the school library being burned to ashes flashed in my head and a shiver passed me again. He makes a bad enemy. I better give in. 'Fine. Let me go first. I can't even imagine how you'll be able to read a book.'

I thought about him getting somebody else to read it by beating him up and shook my head, 'No, don't tell me. It involves somebody being beaten up. I'd rather not hear the details.'

He grinned and said nothing as I walked by the history aisle and pulled out the book on Dante. Yes. The Dante himself who wrote the Divine Comedy. A fitting name for the town's bad boy himself who grabbed the book and winked at me before he walked away. Stupid idiot, all he had to do was write what his name was about. Can't that guy even use the internet? Or he is too stupid to know how?

Sighing, I continued returning the books back in the shelves. Another slow day here in Union High School. No biggie stuff that happens during Thursdays. It's a miracle that I even survived the famed bad boy Dante's company. I walked to the counter and smiled at Mrs. West, the eldery lady who handled the checking in and out of the books.

'Mrs. West, I think I'm done early. I'm going to head home.' I said and picked up my bag which I left behind the counter. I looked at the mirror that stood near the door and scowled. I was wearing a black skinny jeans along with a black crew neck tee and black high top converse shoes. My hair was messy from Dante's... I shivered again and just waved goodbye and went straight to my car.

Then my phone rang, I answered it and I heard Gabriel's voice, 'Hey, Mayla. I am guessing you got held up at the library?'

Oh. Sweet Gabriel Morales. A smile lit up my face and I replied, 'Yes, how did you know? Probably because Mrs. West is your aunt.'

'Great-aunt. You should come and hurry home. Someone arrived.' It seemed urgent.

'Is something wrong?' I asked hesistantly. I opened my Honda Civic and got in the drivers' seat. Then narrowed my eyes when Dante was on the passenger seat. He saluted me with a loud sneer and waited for me to finish the phone call. 'Gabriel, I'll call you back. I've to deal with something.'

'Who is that? I heard someone sneering and it was definitely not you.'

'Nobody, I'll see you later. I promise. Love you. Bye.' I hang up and turned to Dante. 'Okay, start talking about what you want.'

'Don't you want to know how I got inside?' He murmured lazily.

'No need. I know. You lock picker!' I hissed.

'Correct as usual. I need you to do my report for me.'

'Like hell I would. Get out!' This guy is seriously pissing me off. Like I would do his report for him. Okay, I'm a naturally nice girl. But I would wish it is better he beat up some kid and made him do his report instead of nagging me. I would do anything to get away from this guy.

'It is just a report.' He said. I replied, 'Correct. All you have to do is write how you got your name and who you got it from.'

'I'm not leaving.' I rolled my eyes at the lame excuse and reached over to open the door.

I was getting impatient to what was happening at home and why Gabriel was there. 'Will you get your stupid butt out and stop nagging me if I say I'll do it?'

'Yes.' And just like that, he put the history book in my hand and closed the door. Shaking my head, I started my car and headed home confused. What on earth is happening?

Dante don't normally talk to girls. And when he does, it is to ward of annoying and desperate girls who love him. As for Gabriel, the austic friend she had ever since a baby, he normally avoids going to her house. On account of her older brother holding a grudge against him. Although to why, is a mystery. Other than that, it had been a pretty confusing day. I frowned even more when I arrived at the front steps of my house as I got out of my car and locked the door.

'Geez. No. Not again.'I groaned. The house is filled with purple and white balloons. Streamers are everyehwere. Yes. I did forget that today is my sixteen birthday. Some sweet day it is. And the door opened, her family and friends got out. But I managed to meet Gabriel's silver eyes as they stared at me from the treehouse we built years ago when we were kid. His silver eyes flashed and I felt something odd inside me but it was lost as I got lost in the loving hugs of the people waiting for me.

Later...

'Why didn't you warn me instead of being cryptic?' I exclaimed as I climbed up the tree house to stand beside Gabriel and watch my family mingle around with my friends. He just shrugged and said, 'You know you would have run and they would beat me up.'

'Nobody would beat sweet Gabriel up. You're my guardian angel and you are supposed to keep me from harm!' Birthday parties are great but not when you have a rich parent who would overindulge you and spoil you too much. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but sometimes it gets too overwhelming when they do something I'm not prepared for, like getting a Ferrari for my 14 birthday. I made them return the car in exchange for the car I'm driving now. They were upset so I let them buy me an iPhone instead.

'No harm is going to happen.' He grinned that crooked smile that I love and I hugged him. A camera flashed and I scowled at my baby brother Michael. Well. Not exactly a baby. But a 13 year old kid who loves taking pictures. Geez. Even of himself. Can you spell conceited? Ugh.

'You know what's going to happen if you don't stop taking pictures of me.' I yelled. Michael just shrugged as if he didn't hear me and took a picture before going to harass my friends, Riza and Kelly who indulged him.

I raised my hands exasparated. People always ignore me on my birthday.

'But anyway, who was with you in the car?' Gabriel asked. He leaned over the railing and stared at the cake. At times I wonder how I met this beautiful guy to be my friend. Hell. It gets annoying after a while when girls or boys ask me if Gabriel is my boyfriend which is such a joke. I've never thought of him that way. His blond wavy hair and tanned skin made me wonder if he is a heaven sent gift from God. Is it almost as if God's hands himself sculpted him.

'Nobody in particular that interested me. It was just the bad boy of the town. Dante. Oh. Hell. He made my life hell.'

'Wow. Gossiping about me, huh.' I turned around to the unexpected voice and found Dante hanging from a tree with a grin on his face.