1

She fiddled with the hem of her skirt as the clock slowly ticked. The loud noises of the classroom didn't bother her, the girl's mind clouded with the thoughts of fear and worry. She was going to come out today to her best and only friend. The school bell suddenly rang.

"Class is now dismiss!" her teacher yelled. Everyone in the classroom, but a few others and her, sprinted out of the classroom, overjoyed that it was finally Friday. The girl sighed to herself and packed up her stuff. She then walked to her locker and packed up her book bag. Suddenly she heard a chipper voice yell, "Dude!"

The girl turned around to see her best friend standing in front of her. Her best friend had her book bag swung over her shoulder and had a bright smile on her face. The girl's best friend then asked, "Are you ready? You need to get back home as soon as possible, so you can get ready for your date with the mister~!"

She blushed bright red in embarrassment at her best friend's comment. The girl had been dating a sweet and amazing guy for a couple months. She hadn't told him about being asexual and avoid talking about the topic of sex with him. The girl didn't feel sexual attraction, only falling in love with her boyfriend because of his sweet caring personality.

"Yes, I'm ready..." she mumbled shyly. Her best friend chuckled and both girls walked out of their high school. They began walking towards a row of houses. The girl's were best friends and next door neighbors. As they walked towards the row of houses, the girl told her best friend with a hint of doubt, "I need to tell you something."

They stopped in their tracks and in front of an oak tree. Her best friend looked at her with concern. She then asked, "Is it something bad? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine...it's just..." the girl mumbled, her small amount of confidence shrinking with each word. Her best friend sat down and the girl sat down next to her. She then said, "What is it? You can tell me anything! I won't judge you, dude!"

"I'm...I'm..I'm asexual..." the girl mumbled, a wave of relief crashing upon her. She completed the difficult task of coming out to her best friend. Her best friend was quiet for a moment and then asked, "I don't judge you at all, but doesn't everyone have a sexual drive? Is something broken inside your brain that makes you not have a sexual drive?"

"No, I'm not broken."