Prologue

Sean

The moon eagerly crept out even before the evening sun headed to the horizon. Hues of orange and yellow blend well will the coming night sky, creating a beautiful atmosphere around me. The little puddle that lay by the windows was beginning to freeze as cool air swarmed over us.

I was sitting by the tree in my lawn, with my eyes relaxed. A warm smile spread across my face when I reminisced my past. It's been ten years already. It was overwhelming me -in a good way - to finally realise how we've been through so much in these years.

Digging into my pocket for my wallet, I opened to look at her picture. The same old picture that I always carried with me. It's a picture of her on the day of our first date, the day I finally asked her out.

It's already been ten years, and every time I look at her, it feels like the first time. The girl I fell in love with in my high school.

At the age of 27, if there's something that makes me want to stop everything and bring the world down, then it's her.

I stare back at her picture. How happy she looks. I wonder if I can see that on her face again. Breathing in, I still smell her. The memories, still fresh in me.

As I stare at her picture, my mind wavers back to the first time I ever saw her.

The party was in its full swing as the music roared in the hallway, levelling the bass with its powerful reverberations

The party was in its full swing as the music roared in the hallway, levelling the bass with its powerful reverberations. The floor lit up with sparkles and disco balls.

My house was filled with people wearing either to impress or seduce. I could catch girls trying to gain my attention, batting their eyelashes and few even tried to sway their hips.

Not my type, sweet hearts.

I went to the bar and asked for a drink. It's been hectic. Convincing my mom about this was no easy task. I persuaded her to let me throw a party while she is away for her work.

It is the first day of school and I'm already throwing a party. So much for popularity.

"Party's in full swing, mate." Brett said from my side. He cocked his eye brows, "But, why do I find your arms empty?"

I smirked, looking around. In this crowd, it's almost depressing to have no girl with me. I know I'm tough and I have certain expectations but.. I'm completely out of their league.

"I thought girls here were hot but- guess I was wrong." I shrugged and gulped my drink in one shot. The bitter liquid made it's way through my throat and adjusted my vision.

"You know, you just joined the school and are throwing a party on a school night.. This will help you gain your popularity. Not that girls are not trying their best to bat their lashes when you walk.. but looks like you have a great impact on guys too."

I smirked, happy with what I was hearing. I have done it for the exact result and I'm happy I'm doing better than expected.

If it wasn't for my mother who had to move here.. I would've been happy spending my time with my friends back in New York . My mother had got a contract and her dealer is ready to exhibit her canvas paintings in a few upcoming events and she was more than glad to take that offer. We have moved yesterday and I barely knew anyone except Brett, short for Bretton Parker.

He is my cousin from my father's side and I don't know the details. When I got to know that there is actually a person who would help me out, I immediately knew he would be my best friend.

He too, like me, moved here a few weeks ago. He needed friends, and that's how we came together. Brett lived here earlier before he moved away. Since his dad passed away few weeks ago, he came back.

"Dude, did you invite nerds to your party?" Brett groaned beside me, snapping me out of my thoughts, nodding his head towards the direction behind me.

"I invited the whole school." I shrugged it off.

"I haven't seen her anywhere. Might be a new student." He said again and continued drinking his drink. "Or I'm the new student."

Since when did nerds turn up to parties? Back in New York, most of the nerds were even scared to face the school since they don't have an end to bullying. Looks like Boston is a better place for nerds, considering how they're coming to parties.

Curiosity got the best of me as I scrutinised the crowd, searching for the ones my eyes wanted.

As my eyes wandered around the crowd, my sight caught a girl, tall for her age in black yoga pants and green sweat shirt.

Seriously? who wears that for a party?

I gave her a disapproving look.

She shook her head, moving her chest nut brown hair and letting it flow through her shoulder, way down her back. As the music changed, she jerked her face around, facing me in the eye.

I was greeted with a pair of Sapphire blue eyes. One of the rarest and most beautiful eyes. The ground below me gave away and the time around me froze, for I could see nothing but her beautiful blue eyes.

The most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.

As the light twitched across her, it started appreciating her face. She was flushed, with chest nut brown hair, acting as a perfect companion to her sharp features and beautiful plump lips. She was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen.

She had taken my breath away in one glance. I knew, that instant that I felt something in my heart. Something that made me fall.

I realised she stole my heart while she moved her beautiful eyes, to meet mine and I have fallen for her again,
but this time,

head over heels.