4. Possessive much? ✔

"Boys are not the jealous types, but for them, what's mine is mine."

~♡~

When I was sure Brett has exchanged his numbers with almost all the nurses that attended him, we dropped him off at his place. He was pretty reluctant to let go of the hospital bed since he could get regular doses of witnessing beauties - his words not mine - he couldn't just leave the bed until the doctor had to kick him out.

Brett's jaw was a little swollen but he said he'd managed and his mother wouldn't notice it.And then, when it was time, Sean dropped me home.

The drive back to my home was silent mostly. I just went through the play list of Sean's and surprisingly he did have a good set of songs.

He just drove around and didn't complain about anything. When we reached home, he just looked at me and said,

"Maybe we can try what I said earlier."

"I have to see if you actually have a chance of consideration."

"Don't test my patience, Sapphire."

I smirked and hopped out of the car.

"Hope you'll find your way back, Lanter."

"Until then.." he sighed.

"Good bye." I mocked his sigh and left.
Whatever Juliette said about interesting, I surely meet a few of such people.

I reached the front door and turned the door handle. I got inside and I could sense the vibes.

Something's not nice.

In fact, something's really fishy.

I walked in and went to the kitchen to grab myself something to eat. After everything that has happened today, I deserve a great stomach-filling.

As I entered the kitchen, I could see Juliette staring at the pan while the eggs were left to burn.

I quickly went to the stove and took the pan away from there.

"Earth to Juliette!" I said, before carefully holding the pan out of my reach and putting under the tap.

As the water ran down the pan, hot air rushed from the pan to my hand.

I moved my eyes and looked at Juliette and saw her cleaning the mess she made. Usually, she doesn't let these things happen.

It's be a miracle to see our house silent. Generally, When I'm back from school, Juliette would be yelling from the kitchen, little Jack would try to sneak out of his daddy's hands, who would be trying very hard to make him wear a diaper.

Jacob being Jacob, doesn't even know where a diaper is worn. Of course, not literally.

But, the issue here is not of Jacob's skills in managing infants but about Juliette being silent.

It's never happened. Even in the tired and unhappy times, she's thought me to hide the pain behind a smile.

But, now that a person like this is sad, then it's something that states that something is awfully wrong.

"Juliette, what's the matter?" I asked.

She avoided my gaze. "Huh? Nothing.."

I held her by her forearm and forced her to turn to my side. "I know when you lie, Juliette."

She heaved a sigh and looked at me in the eye. "It's about.. Jacob."

"What, about Jacob?"

"You told me he's been checking my texts? Well, I was pretty mad. I wasn't actually, but I sort of did it in a playful manner. It was playful and fun until I received a message from.. Reginald."