Chapter 5

The students arrive at the doors of Hogwarts. Some are thinking of what is to come, others, like Harry, are thinking of their journey to said doors.

A ride over a huge, possibly bottomless, lake is not something he and his friends enjoyed. They have a slight phobia of water.

Harry is pulled out of his musings by the huge doors of the school opening. A stern looking woman is standing in the opening. She was wearing dark green robes and had her grey hair in a tight bun.

After herding all of the children inside, the woman introduces herself.

"I am Professor Minerva McGonagall, the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts. I welcome you to Hogwarts and wish you all luck in the upcoming years. In a moment your sorting will begin. There are four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now, I will be back in moment. I suggest you use this time to smarten yourselves up a bit." She says.

The students examine the room around them. A scream draws everyone's attention to the right side of the room.

A group of silvery people, ghosts, are floating through the wall and seem to be arguing over someone named Peeves.

Professor McGonagall walks in and shoos the ghosts away. She then tells the students to form two single file lines, before leading them through another set of doors.

There are five tables. Four seat hundreds of kids ranging in age, the last sits what seems to be the professors.

The students walk down the center isle before stopping at the end. A raised platform with a stool and a hat awaits them.

After a moment a seam of the Hat opens up and the thing begins to sing! When it's done the hall waits in silence for a moment. Professor McGonagall makes her way onto the platform with a scroll in her hand.

Professor McGonagall calls the first name, causing Harry's head to snap up. His friends have no way of being on that list. He quickly, and subtly, waves his fingers at the piece of paper. There is no noticeable change, but Harry knows that his friends have been added to the list.

"Cawthon, Bonny."

Bonny skips up the stairs and settles on the stool.

Professor McGonagall gives him a strange look at his appearance. She shakes her head in bemusement, then sets the Hat upon his head.

"Hmm, what have we here? A human but not? How interesting, but where to sort you?" A voice whispers through Bonny's mind.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my head?" Bonny demands.

"My, my so defensive. I'm the Sorting Hat, and I'm here to sort you where you fit best." The Hat chuckles.

"Oh, ok then. Sort away!"

A minute later the Hat makes it's choice.

"SLYTHERIN!" It calls out.

The bluenette then skips his way over to the table of green and silver.

Next the professor calls "Cawthon, Chika"

CC seems to dance up the stairs to the stool.

"It's CC by the way." She tells the professor, smiling sweetly.

The Hat slips over her eyes.

"Another one of you?" The Hat says.

"Who are you?" CC growls.

"Clam down. I'm the Sorting Hat."

"Oh, ok. Hello!" She says cheerfully.

The Hat is struck speechless by her quick changing attitude.

"SLYTHERIN!" He quickly shouts.

CC dances her way to the Slytherin table and sits next to Bonny.

"Cawthon, Frederick."

He calmly walks to the stool. Professor McGonagall reaches to remove hot top hat. Frederick's hands darts up and intercepts her hand.

"With all due respect Ma'am, the hat stays on." He says quietly.

The professor nods and put the Sorting Hat over his own.

"How many of you are there?!" The Hat exclaims.

"Why are you in my head?" Frederick asks angrily.

"You are all the same!"

"SLYTHERIN!"

He walks to his siblings and sits down.

"Cawthon, Vixen."

Vixen strides up and sits down.

"I prefer Mangle, Lass" She tells the professor in her pirate accent.

The Hat goes on.

"Are you the last one?" The Hat snaps.

Mangle growls in a feral way, scaring the Hat,

"SLYTHERIN!"

Mangle also joins her family.

One by one the students are sorted, then they get to Harry.

"P-Potter, Harry." Professor McGonagall stutters.

Whispers break out all across the hall.

"Harry Potter?!"

"I thought he was dead?"

"He doesn't look like the books described them."

Many other things were said, but Harry ignored them all making his way up. The space around him seemed darker, and the air around him colder. Rather than walking, he seemed to hover and inch or so above the ground. When he down and looked around the hall, everyone shivered. His black eyes struck fear into every one of them.

The Hat was lowered onto his head.

"What an interesting mind you have."

"You better get out of it quickly, or I will rip you shreds with a thought." Harry said with a cool tone.

"S-SLYTHERIN!" The Hat shivered.

Harry drifts over to his friends and sits with them.

When the sorting is over the tables fill with food.

"Pizza!" CC shouts diving for the pizza platter.

Her siblings laugh while Harry just shakes his head.

Harry sat silently and pondered over how he was going to deal with all the questions they were sure to receive.

#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%

Hey! This the next chapter! Don't forget about the Meet-up! R.S.V.P. if you're coming! Shout out to @ShonaWhitmire , she is the greatest person ever! (^_-) This chapter is dedicated to her! Ok, bye! Vote, Comment, Share, and Don't forget to Check your door lights!

~ Allure Crimson ~