17

Heart on fire - Jonathan Clay 🎧

I'm still reading the book I pulled from the shelf the other day.

Suddenly, I notice someone sitting in Wonwoo's chair.

My heart is beating really fast; I feel like it will come out any moment now.

He is here.

He is back.

And this time, it's not a dream.

Seeing him right now is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.

God, I missed him.

He's not wearing his eyeglasses today, but for me, he still looks the same.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Mingyu, you've waited for this, right?" I whispered.

(Yes, idiot)

I walked silently towards his table, and I sat next to him.

He seemed surprised when he saw me, but I didn't mind.

"Hi, I'm Mingyu. You don't know me, but I know you. I know how you cry when the character in the book you're reading dies; I know how you laugh when something funny happens to the protagonist; I know how you smile when you are touched by the story; I know your favorite book, and I also know your least favorite. I should have talked to you before, but I didn't have the courage. You disappeared for months, but I waited for you. I waited for this day to happen. Months ago, I saw you crying because of a book you were reading. I got interested in you, so every day since then, I've come here to see if you're here, to see what book you're reading, and to see if you're smiling, laughing, or crying again." I said it continuously, without a beat. As if I had rehearsed it all my life.

He is looking directly into my eyes, and I'm nervous; I might have a heart attack.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Who told you I didn't know you? Kim Mingyu. I know how you smile when you hit a goal; I know how you frown when the ball is being snatched from you; I know how you laugh when you are playing with your friends."

He said it clearly, but I don't understand him.

He knows everything about me.

He knows my name.

Suddenly, everything sinks in when he smiles.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Yes, he smiled.

That smile that made my heart beat really fast, that smile that made me do things I hadn't even thought of doing, that smile that made me fall in love with him

A smile that is completely saying

"Thank you for waiting."

-END-