Epilogue

Word count: 471 words

For all these years, Evan was finally living the life he wanted it to be.

He sighed in happiness, the mattress dipped as he did so, feeling the warmth of his now husband right next to him. He couldn't get back to sleep. In fact, he was afraid if he got back to sleep, all of this would disappear.

His phone suddenly rang, notifying him a message. He narrowed his eyes. Who would have the brazenness to message him at five in the morning? In the middle of his honeymoon, of all leisureliness?

Sighing once again, he pushed himself off the mattress, and padded towards the sound. He shoved his hand into the pocket of his hanging coat, and pulled his phone out.

A message from David. Huh.

He swiped it open and punched in the password before looking at the content of the message.

From: David

dude, sry to interrupt ur newly-wed bliss. this is lui. im using davids cell. something serious came up here.

Rolling his eyes, he typed in his reply:

To: David

from 1 to 10, how serious is it we're talking about?

But, there was an immediate reply the second after he pressed send. It was definitely something serious.

From: David

11. look, david and tyler r dead, man.

Evan stiffened. David and Tyler...were dead? He quickly typed in his reply again:

To: David

fuck. you serious?

He sent it and the reply instantly came in.

From: David

drop dead serious.

A second reply came in.

From: David

i knew smth was wrong w/ tyler's sanity. apparently he shot david dead b4 he shot himself.

Another message.

From: David

and guess what we found in his room?

No other message came in, so Evan took his cue to answer:

To: David

a cellar full of expensive alcoholic drinks?

From: David

we found a casket with craig in it. in his fckign room. somehow the corpse hasnt rot. dont know what he did and dont want 2 know.

To: David

how come all of you haven't taken a single glance into his room for two fucking years?

From: David

he was so good on covering it up. he never wanted intruders 2 come 2 his room.

From: David

fck, man. this is...this is so fcked up.

To: David

how are you holding up yourself, lui? it's david we're talking about here.

From: David

i dont want 2 talk abt it.

To: David

you sure?

To: David

lui?

Suddenly, Lui wasn't answering to his messages anymore. He was probably bawling his eyes out about David's death, but who was he kidding? It was Lui – the guy practically had a stone as a heart.

To: David

lui? you there?

Still no response. Evan shrugged and let Lui be.

After all, he had a honeymoon with his Jonathan to enjoy.

+ + + + +