The Beginning

Once the new year started everything was fine, but after a few months everything went out the window. When summer ended and fall started, the 12 genosse trading ships docked at Messina. They took a long journey and had to cross the black sea. Mum, big brother, and I all ran to the dock to go greet father from his long journey but when we got there, nothing was as i expected. I thought i'd see papa and run as fast as i can to get to, be lifted into his arms well he walks to mama. But boy was i wrong. Nothing was as i thought it would, all the surviving men were sick the rest... they were....they were dead. The surviving men were all gravely ill and clearly in pain. They all had the same symptoms; they all had high fevers and they were delirious. But one thing nobody knew was what they black boils on their skin that were oozing pus and blood. They were also covered in flea. Many people were crying, mum, brother and I were still waiting hoping that father was at least still alive. The men were slow due to all the pain but nobody dared help them in fear they they may also get sick. Once all the men were off, father was still nowhere to be seen. I was desperate, I separated my mum and I hands and ran towards the men. My mum was screaming at me to stay back but I kept running I had to know. I jumped over the rope that separated us and started pulling on one of the man's arms. He looked down and told me not to touch him and to get back but I didn't listen. I kept my grip, even though pus, blood, and fleas were all over me. I kept repeating myself, asking where my father was. He just looked at me with the sad look in this eyes and I knew that he had died, but I just couldn't believe it. I was screaming that he was a liar until he finally said something "LISTEN KID, I WOULDN'T LIE ABOUT SOMEONE'S LIFE. YOUR FATHER SAVED ME FROM DEATH. HE WAS MY HERO I WOULDN'T AND COULDN'T LIE ABOUT HIM.". Everyone was looking at us by now and was letting out loud sobs. " look kid, your father was a great man. I'm sorry i yelled at you". By this time my mum finally got to the front on the crowd with my big brother following closely behind her. She tried to come pick me up when a tall, buff, scary looking man stopped her. ¨don't she's probably infected already and can go join her i'm not stoppin ya but you are not taking her farther into the city to possibly get the rest of this place sick" "this is my daughter we are talking about here i just can't let her stay here she's only 14. She can't survive on her own" my mum pleaded the man to let me out " well looks like she gonna have learn fast how to fend for herself" he said. My mum was silent, when she looked at me I could see the sadness in her eyes. " i'm sorry sweetie" she said, then grabbed my brothers hand and turned around. Leaving me here.