Sickness started

The men and I had to sleep on the ship that night. All of the forever "sleeping" sailors were took of the ship and covered with a sheet. I broke down when I saw two men carrying my father. The man from earlier, which I learned his name is Brian, came and comforted me. I fell asleep in his arms and when I woke up I was on a somewhat comfy bed. I guess Brian brought me into one of the cabins. I was looking at the name at the end of the beds, when I came across a name I knew well. Caleb, my father. I started to tear up, I decided to open the small trunk at the end of his bed, I took some stuff out. I put on one of his old longer shirts I had found and took a family photo I found. I walked out of the cabin to see the most of the other men groaning in pain with tumor like bumps oozing with blood and puss. I was scared and ran to find Brian. When I found him he had the tumors things to but not as many. I was concerned for the men and their health. I went around the ship with a bucket of water and a rag wiping the men down and then handing them a plate of food. They tried to thank me but through the pain they couldn't say the words clearly.Later that day, two of the men have already died. I was thinking things through in my head while leaning on the railing facing the towns. I saw my mother and brother walking into town I was staring and apparently my brother felt my stare and turned around. He was looking for the culprit when his eyes landed on me. He looked shocked and surprised but then he started waving this hand rapidly in the air "Abby, hey down here hi"until my mother or ex-mother saw me and pulled him into the shop. Not even daring to turn back and give me any acknowledgement.