Shifting

January 15th 2:30pm
"Wally!"
"Arty!"
"Don't call me that!"
"Yes Ma'am," His big goofy grin went perfectly with his ginger hair and freckles that sprinkled almost every inch of his cheeks.
"Explain to me this, why did I find this in my room?" Artemis held up a clean, white T-Shirt with "Wally's Girl" written in big, block red letters across the chest.
"You don't like it?" Kid Flash stared at her with his signature smile. You know, the one could make you smile back, even if you were raging mad at him. The effect almost worked on Artemis.
Almost.
The green archer threw the shirt at the boy, whipping it at him, making it wrap around his head, his freckled cheeks no longer visible.
"I'm guessing that's a definite no?"
"Yes."
"Yes?"
"No!" Artemis stomped off, accidentally, but unapologetically running into Robin.
The black haired hero just gave Wally a look, communicating with his eyes instead of his words, which was hard to accomplish at the moment, considering the shirt on Wally's face.
"What did you do this time?" Robin asked, not really helping Wally get he shirt off, just sitting there, spectating as the speedster couldn't figure it out.
"Besides be a good boyfriend? Nothing!" He defended himself, finally finding a handhold, whipping the fabric away from his face.
"Boyfriend? Is Artemis aware of that?" Robin laughed, obtaining an apple from the kitchen's fridge.
Wally gave the other boy a playful scowl as he bite roughly into his Apple, a crisp sound escaping and echoing.
"What about you and Zatanna?"
Robin stopped chewing for a second to completely lock eyes with Wally. He then attempted to resume the chewing and swallowing process, pretending like he didn't pause for that slim second.
"What do you mean?" He said, basically waving off the entire subject without even picking up a hand.
The speedster slugged his friend in the arm with a playful touch, giving him a "you know what I mean" look.
"We, uh- we're good." The bat sidekick nodded to his own answer, approving of it and moving on. It only made Wally roll his eyes.
"Dude, man up and define that relationship." He advised him, giving him a small pat on the back.
"You mean like you and Artemis have?"
"Shut up."
M'Gann floated in at that moment, her colored skirt creating a ripple effect within the box pleats as she did. She smiled in a simple greeting to the boys that were already in the room currently, reuniting with the ground as she looked through a cabinet.
"Hey babe," Wally winked at her, leaning on the counter in a manner that could have basically spelt out 'swagger'.
"Hello Wally," the Martian girl blushed innocently as she grabbed a baking sheet and some wax paper.
"Did anyone ever tell you how great you look in that skirt?"
Robin was sure that at any second, Superboy would come in and knock all of Wally's teeth in. But, he wasn't necessarily focused on that. His eye sight went straight to the blonde image of hair that was there one second, but rushed out the next.
~
This week had been quiet. It was like all of the baddies in the world knew every super hero needed some time off. Including the young ones. Aqua lad, Rocket, and Wally sat on the couch casually, just small talking each other up as Artemis walked past them briskly to make it up the stairs.
"Woah, wait up Artemis!" Wally called after the blonde, hopping over the couch and speeding next to her as a shortcut from the few seconds it would have taken just to walk.
"I'm busy Wally," Artemis brushed him off as she made it up the first few steps.
"Too busy for the Wall Man?" He rose his eyebrows sarcastically yet seductively, hoping she would turn to look at him at that moment. She didn't.
"Yep." She made sure to pop the ending p on the yep.
"Well, want to practice together later?" He offered up, still giddy as ever.
"Nope." The p was definitely popped this time as well. She was now gaining on him, reaching the top of the stairs and speed walking to her point b, which was somewhere where Wally wouldn't be.
"Wait, hold on a second!" He speed up, using his powers again to get right in front of her, causing the archer to halt in her footsteps and finally look at him.
"I don't have time for this," She said in a dismissive way, trying to go around his lean figure. "Let me pass, Wally."
"Not until you tell me what's wrong," He demanded out of her, making sure he could take up as much space as possible to not let her get by.
"Nothing is wrong," She sighed in an aggravated manner. "We are just shifting apart." She put it so simply, but Wally wasn't grasping it.
"Shifting apart? What do you-" His mouth stood ajar as he tried to find the words to say to her, to get her to explain her reasoning, anything really.
"By the way, M'Gann is in the gym if you want to go flirt with her." She said it so passively, Wally had left a sliver of room that Artemis used to squeeze past him and angrily walk down the hall.
"Babe wait-"
"Do not call me that, especially when you call her that!" She said the first half a bit louder than intended, but she was sure she had gotten the point across.
From behind them, a door had closed loudly, causing the two figures Tories and look at the dark haired, muscular presence that had joined them.
"You call her what?"
"Oh no."