Doubt

"Connor..buddy..."

"Wally, why is it that you have to flirt with every living thing? Especially, with M'gann?" Was it just Wally, or did Superboy look extremely buff when he was about to beat up someone? The one factor the ginger speedster didn't like in that equation was that he was the one about to be humbled by the mini man of steel.

"Who knows? I do lots of crazy stuff!" Wally let out a nervous chuckle, taking a few, small steps back and away from Connor.

"I'll say." Artemis huffed out angrily. Wally had pretty much forgotten that she was here. Most likely because she was just standing there, watching Connor inch closer to him and not doing anything about it.

"You know," Wally stopped in his tracks shortly, forgetting that Superboy was a danger to him at the moment. "I'm not completely terrible!" Wally objected, only getting a laugh from both Artemis and Superboy in return.

"Sure you are." Connor replied.

"The worst, actually." Artemis stated.
Wally's shoulders sunk a little as his friends ridiculed him. What had he done to deserve that? Besides hit on Connor's girlfriend and make Artemis jealous...

Wait.
Artemis was jealous.

At the right moment, Robin had walked in to the currently hostile environment with a serious look on his face.

"Guys, we have a message. It's an emergency."
All four of them had walked down to the main room, surrounded by weapons and vehicles that could be used in the future by the young group of superheroes. They gathered at this wide, circular table that lit up in blue luminescent around the rim.
Artemis noticed M'Gann and quickly averted her eyesight to something else. Wally made a note of that.

"We got a message from Bruce Wayne of Wayne Enterprises," Robin began explaining, typing a few things on the high tech table.

"You mean, Batman?" Connor asked bluntly.
Robin's eyes widened behind his thin, black mask and he stared down Superboy.

"How did you-"

"Come on, Robin, it is not the hardest thing to figure out." Connor explained with a hint of condescending in his tone.

"His secret identity is not very secret." M'Gann confirmed, hoping a little from one foot to the other, obviously jut itching to float instead of stand.

"Anyhow," Robin began again, a little baffled to say the least. "He sent us a message. He needs our help."

"With what?" Wally finally piped up from his side of the table across from Robin. He could have sworn he saw Artemis's eyes glance over him.

"Dealing with the Joker."

A hush fell over the group as all of the young heroes took in the information. Sure, they helped with big bads before, but someone as lethal as The Joker? Never.

"Were we the first ones he called?" Artemis questioned with a skeptic tone.

"No, Superman was busy getting that perfect curl in his hair." Wally joked, getting a mean look from the green, female archer.

"It does not matter. What does matter is that this is a big task. Do we think we can take it?" Aquaman spoke up, with authority like he was leading the gathering this entire time. Robin just simply nodded along with him.

"Of course," Wally answered with a small smirk inching at the side of his face. "Who would doubt us? After all, we are the Young Justice League."