《37》

Frank rushed over to Mikey and Gerard's house as fast as the speed of sound.

He didn't even say a goodbye to his mother as he flung open the door and ran to the car.

He decided he could just put his shoes on while driving.

Which wasn't a good idea, nor a safe one.

Luckily he didn't get into accident and arrived at the Way house with no bones broken.

It seemed like it had taken Frank hours to get to Gerard's when in reality it only took five minutes. Frank hesitated before knocking on the door three times, the door opened almost immediately.

Mikey let him in, then gave him a sad smile.

Frank returned one and walked up the the stairs to Gerard's room. He didn't bother saying hi to Mikey, Mikey understood, though.

Frank could hear the muffled sobbing coming from the inside Gerard's room.

In a matter of ten minutes, less even, maybe even as soon as Frank opens the wooden door separating him and the boy he knew he loved, but wouldn't admit it because it hurt all too much.

As soon as Frank opens it, he could potentially ruin everything- but was there anything left to ruin?

Frank sighed and twisted the door knob that decided his fate.

He had nothing to lose.

"Hi, Gee."

Gerard sniffed and coughed then slowly sat up, when he saw Frank his lip trembled, it broke Frank's heart.

"Frankie!" Gerard grabbed on to Frank's shirt and hugged him, he hugged him tighter than he ever did before.

He didn't want to let go.

Not again.

Frank was here.

He could fix all the shit things he's done to the poor boy, fuck, he didn't love Ryan, he never would. He had always loved Frank.

Gerard sobbed, he sobbed as if he had seen someone die in front of him, someone that he loved.

"I love you!" Gerard yelled through sobs, "I love you Frankie!" He repeated and sobbed even louder, which at this point he didn't think was possible.

Frank bit his lip, he needed to stay strong for Gerard. He couldn't cry, he wasn't allowed to fucking cry.

The tears dripped down Frank's cheeks, he needed to calm Gerard down. He was already crying, he couldn't break down.

He needed to stay fucking strong, he needed to act tough. No matter how hard he was faking it.

He coughed and swallowed the large lump in his throat, he was going to sing for Gerard.

"Shh, Gee, baby, calm down," Frank rubbed Gerard's back before he began to sing, this seemed to calm Gerard up slightly.

So Frank started.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey-"

The tears flowed down Frank's cheeks at a faster rate, he could feel his voice about to crack. Gerard was calming down though, so he couldn't break. He wouldn't break.

"You'll never know dear; how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away-"

Gerard had stopped crying, he was still clung on to Frank, shaking slightly. Frank decided it would be better to finish the song instead of leaving it.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping. I dreamed I held you in my arms. When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, so I hung my head and I cried,"

He finished the song and kissed Gerard softly, "I love you too, Gee,"