Chapter 13

Silence wraps around me like a blanket as my hand guides my pencil along my sketchpad that rests against my legs

Silence wraps around me like a blanket as my hand guides my pencil along my sketchpad that rests against my legs. I rest my head against my headrest, as my eyes watch every stroke that appears on the page. The smell of tacos being prepared in the kitchen pushes through the cracks of my closed doors. And even though the setting sun welcomes the stars, I feel my thoughts being wrapped around one particular thing.

Xavier Youngblood.

3 hours and all I do is think about him. The colour of his eyes, the strange scent he carries, and his dark hair even what his touch could feel like. But then I'd think about his words, the tone he spoke with.

What leads a person to be that cruel?

But that leads to a better question, what is he doing leading a wolf pack?

What Andrew said has been pulsing through my mind for far too long and I can't get him out of my head.

Sighing, I shift my gaze to see the sun setting through my window.

"Can't you make this stop Amber?" I beg. I knew her presence was nothing more than q lonely star, I still hoped she could come back. I want her back and with every day I'm not with him she grows further away.

She doesn't answer and I feel my heart sink. Even though my heart flickers when I think of him, I can't deny the fear that sets as I remember what he did to me.

Why isn't that enough to break the bond?

I look back down to my sketchpad, only to find him staring at me. His eyes dark as the pencil lines cause him to snarl at me. Even though he is nothing more than a pencil on a paper, I shiver. I let out a small-frustrated growl before I shoot my gaze to the ceiling.

Two lots knocks echo through the room.

"Hey pup, Dad has asked if you can meet him in his office," Mom called through the door. With my eyebrows furrowed I dart to the door before swinging it open.

My stomach drops

Mom kept her gaze on the floor, as her lips fight a frown. She does her best to stop fiddling with her shirt.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask. She gives me a small smile as she shakes her head, "No, your father just has a surprise for you."

"Is this the kind of surprise I'm gonna like?" I ask, eying her questionably. Her smile drops immediately.

"Just go."

With my heart pounding against my chest, I move around her. I warily move through the halls my mind racing with possible reasons he'd want to see me.

Is he finally going to let me lead the pack? Highly doubt it. What about a present of sorts like a bracelet, or a necklace? Possibly, but it would be a plastic $3 one though.

Why? Does he want to make me feel better? If so, then okay, I can deal with that.

I halt almost immediately as I stand in front of his office, my heart racing with fear.