Chapter 42

"Good morning!" Phil exclaims jumping on your bed before putting his face next to yours.
"It's not a good morning because you woke me up from my beauty sleep," you mutter sticking out your tongue.
Dan sits down on your bed laughing.
"But you always look beautiful," Phil protests before smiling, "It's almost noon and I brought you waffles!"
"Well I guess waffles can make up for you waking me up. Thank you, love!" you smile as you sit up.
"It's better than me trying to wake you up so we can walk to iHop like yesterday," Phil laughs.
You have been in Florida for two days. Today was your third day in Florida. Tomorrow, you and Phil have a reservation at a nice restaurant. You guys fly to Virginia in three days.
"So what do you want to do today?" you ask before starting to eat your waffles.
"Do you want to go to Disney world?" Dan suggests.
"That sounds fun," Phil smiles.
"It's hot out and my hair will get frizzy," you sigh.
"Oh," Phil mutters frowning.

"We can just go in the afternoon

"We can just go in the afternoon. It looks really nice when the sun sets. They have the firework show and the parade at night. It's a lot of fun," Dan offers.
"Ok," you nod happily. You eat your waffles before changing into pants and a shirt.
You, Dan, and Phil all take the monorail to Magic Kingdom about eight hours later.
The first thing you do is go to the castle. Then you go on different rides. When the sun starts to set, you start walking back to Main Street.
"We should get those hats where they put your name on the back," Phil suggests.
The three of you walk into the store that sells the personalized hats. You get a pink princess hat that has your name on the back. You didn't really want that one but Phil persuaded you to get it. Dan and Phil got matching hats with their names on the hats. You decide to get two for Christopher and Grace with Mr. and Mrs. on the back.
You all put on your hats as you walk out of the store. You look around. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Dan whispering something to Phil and handing him something.
"Give him the promise ring," Dan whispers to you and he places the small box with the ring you bought for Phil in your hand. You smile at him.
You walk over to Phil smiling. He trips over something and you catch him.
He blushes, "Thanks," he smiles at you. He gets on one knee and opens a small box revealing the promise ring he got you, "Y/N, I want to be with you forever. This will not be a traditional exchange of promise rings. You are not traditional. You are extraordinary. So, even if I'm not your boyfriend, I want to be your friend. You mean so much to me and I don't want to loose you. Will you promise to stay with me to the end? Friends forever?" his eyes start to water.
You nod as tears begin to form in your eyes. He places the ring on your finger before getting up.
"Philip Michael Lester, you were there when no one else was. You have seen me on my crappiest days and on my best days. I can't begin to thank you for what you have given me, but I will try. Thank you for being there for me, being a source of joy and happiness, supporting me, loving me, and being an amazing person who I can rely on. Will you stay with me?" tears start rolling down your cheek.
"Always," he replies putting the ring on his finger. He picks you up and gives you a hug. He holds you in his arms for a moment before he
gently sets you down. He spins you around as the firework show begins. Music starts playing and everyone starts dancing. You smile at him.

It was the end to an amazing day

It was the end to an amazing day. You were finally at ease despite what is happening in the world around you.
(A/N: Our world is wonderful. The way the sun rises and sets, the color of the grass, and the way the birds sing in the morning are just a few examples. Then came the humans. A human kills another person. He does not kill the person because of war or for self defense. He kills another person because of their sexuality, race, or religion. Each generation had problems. Our founding fathers had problems and so do we. Gun violence is one of the problems that we have to deal with. We can overcome these problems.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm graduating on June 14 so there is a lot of stuff to do. But happy belated birthday to Dan and congrats to Phil getting 1 million on lessamazingphil!)