08.

part eight,
three days after- ;

jungkook awoke two days later in his hospital bed. at first he was confused, was he dead? the boy clenched his teeth in pain when he glanced at the lone needle in his arm, connecting to the drip beside him.

the maknae could've sworn he was in heaven when a voluptuous girl opened the door to his room, her figure clothed in a white dress paired with an apron. her colourless face mask covered the lower-half of her face, leaving him to stare at her beautiful large eyes. shaking his head he diverted his gaze back to the drip, watching as it slowly fed him his life back.

"jeon jungkook?" the female whispered, as she did not want to startle him anymore than he already was. jungkook looked through his short eyelashes at the girl, blinking his tired eyes. he could see her smile lightly through her face mask, and he found himself wanting to see her without it.

"i am your nurse, but you may call me haneul" she walked closer, and he truely thought that he was in heaven. jungkook's wishes were soon granted when haneul took off her face mask, letting it hang below her face as she continued to stare at him.

haneul held an interest to this boy, she was curious about his dark eyes and what they had seen in his lifetime. she was absorbed into the idea as to why he chose to take all of those stupid pills, and to what had brought him to that point in his life?

jungkook still had not said a word, not even sparing a nod in haneul's direction as he continued to stare into her large brown eyes. he felt as though he was betraying eunbin by staring at another female this way, and the thought made him feel dirty and unclean.

"can i have a cigarette?" he spoke after awhile, startling haneul as she flinched back in shock. why would he be asking a question like that? she thought to herself, as he was not in the right physical state or mind to leave the hospital bed.

"o-of course not!" haneul stammered, clutching her heart over her nurse apron as she brought her mask back up to cover her mouth, and jungkook turned his view away, upset that she was covering her face again.

"i know it is hard to let the demons inside go," haneul started, regaining herself as she walked over to the crippled boy, slowly un-pealing his bandage and taking out the needle, making jungkook clench his teeth in pain, "they were holding you when no one else would, but i'll let you know, that i will always be here for you, when you need it most."

jungkook gulped at her words, the pain in his arm disappearing rapidly as she fumbled around with the drip. he had never heard those words before, and he wanted to smile but he didn't know how to.

i will always be here for you, when you need it most.