Part 5

*Nathan’s POV*

For a fleeting moment, I was suspended in midair; it felt to me as if I was falling slowly, like what would happen if I were in a movie. Maybe it was just the adrenaline making me feel this way. But then I came crashing back to reality and landed on the cold grass, damp with the mist. I sucked in my gasp of pain, tried to make as little noise as possible and then scrambled as quickly as possible to the side of the house. Making myself as flat as possible against the brick wall, I held my breath as the light from the window I’d just jumped from turned on, flooding the garden with yellow light. I watched a shadow appear at the window sill, just as I thought whoever it was would look down and catch sight of me, they simply closed the window. Exhaling a sigh of relief, I collapsed against the side of the house, only just registering the searing pain in my ankle. I glanced down at it, it didn’t look like anything serious and I could still stand on it, it was probably just a little sprain from jumping out of the window. I waited a few minutes, but what seemed like hours until I heard footsteps from the back door retreating away from the house, and then I limped back into the house, to find the lads.

*Siva’s POV*

As soon as the door closed behind who I’m guessing Anna’s mum was, we all let out a sigh of relief and got out of hiding and met in the middle of the living room.

“Where’s Nath?” Jay questioned what we were all thinking, perhaps he was still hiding upstairs.

“I’ll go and see if he’s still upstairs.” Max declared and was about to walk off, but just then the door opened again. We all scrambled back into hiding, and held our breath, as the footsteps came ever closer towards us. Why were they coming into the living room? God, we’re all busted, I was just beginning to think, as Nathan’s voice rang out into the silent living room,

“Boys?” He called out, with slight humour in his voice, as we all stepped sheepishly out from behind sofas and curtains.

“Nathan! What happened?” Tom exclaimed, as we all watched Nathan limp towards an armchair and collapse in it,

“I put the diary back, but then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. There was nowhere for me to hide, so without really thinking anything through, I jumped out of the window,” he shrugged,

“Oh my god Nathan, well done, “ I said to him, patting him on the back, “Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine, I think I’ve just slightly sprained my ankle but it’s nothing major and I can still walk so I’m sure it’ll just ease off in a couple of hours.”

There was a moment of silence.

“So what now?” Tom asked into the empty room, still in the darkness of shadows,

“I guess we go to find Anna. “

“But wait hang on guys, shouldn’t we go back to the flat and I don’t know, prepare ourselves, think about what we’re about to do, plan something and then wait until tomorrow?” Jay suggested,

“You’re making us sound like we’re in Scooby Doo, and not The Wanted,” Max joked, and we all laughed,

“Jay is right though,” I said, “it’s the sensible option to go and think out our options instead of jumping straight in and facing the consequences.”

“So we better get back to the flat then.” Nathan said, “I think we’re all going to need a decent amount of sleep tonight.”

A/N: oh my goodness I am so so terribly sorry! Like, you don't even KNOW how sorry I am! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in  W E E K S  but you see the thing is, I have been so incredibly and ridiculously busy at the moment - its insane! I think its because I'm in year 11 now and I have my GCSEs so I've had so much schoolwork and coursework to do! So I apologise deeply for this late update and shorter chapter. I break up for my half term holidays at the end of this week though so I'll be more active soon I promise!

I just hope no one has lost interest in this story ... because I'm really excited about the plot/story line that is going to come...

I hope you're enjoying this fanfic! :D

~ Hannah x