OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 4 - The Vampire's Plan

CHAPTER 4:

CATALINA'S POV:

We are driving away from the movie theater when I ask Jaden, "So, what's the plan? How are we going to find them?"

"I have something in mind, but you may not like it," he says cautiously.

"Tell me," I order.

"We'll get into the details later. First, I need to make a quick stop somewhere," he says. 'Patience' I think to myself. We drive about ten minutes before he parks in front of the mall.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"My order is in, I just need to pick it up," he says while getting out of the car. I've always hated waiting in the car, so I step out and follow him in. We walk through the mall until we get to a store called 'My Hero!'. It is a comic book shop that also sells ninja weapons and collectibles. The guy at the counter knows Jaden and they greet each other. Jaden then introduces me, "Hey Levi, this is my friend Catalina. Catalina, this is Levi."

"Hi Catalina," Levi says, shaking my hand with a smile. "I'll just go back and get your order Jaden,"

"He's a friend of yours?" I ask Jaden skeptically.

"I told you I don't hang out with vampires. All my friends are human," he tells me.

"Do any of them know what you are?" I ask curiously.

"Only the ones that let me feed off them," he says. I shudder and walk over to a glass case that has some Sais in it. Jaden follows me over and asks, "See anything you like?"

"No, these are a joke. The ones I have are better made," I tell him.

"I know, I've seen them. Over my shoulder, while running for my life," he says. I laugh and Levi comes back to the front of the store holding a package. Jaden is acting excited as we leave the store.

"What's in there?" I can't help asking. He's acting like a little kid on Christmas. He opens the package and shows me, "It's just a comic book," I tell him.

"It is not 'just a comic book'. It is the first of the Anita Blake series, signed by both the author Laurell K. Hamilton and the woman who adapted it into a comic book," he says.

"Whatever," I say rolling my eyes.

Jaden suddenly grabs my hand and starts pulling me in a new direction, "What is it?" I say startled. "Are we in danger?"

Jaden laughs, "No, but there is a photo booth over there! Come on!"

I roll my eyes and follow him. He puts in the money and shoves me inside. I stand there awkwardly until he sits down and pulls me onto his lap, "Jaden!"

He ignores me, "It's about to start taking pictures, smile Kitty Cat!" I sit there feeling weird. The last man's lap I sat on was my father's. When I was a little kid. When we are done, we stand outside the booth, waiting for the pictures to develop. Jaden snatches them before I can and starts laughing.

"What?" I ask, trying to snatch the pictures out of his hand.

Finally, he holds his hand out and I grab them. Oh my god! I'm going to kill him. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't even notice what he was up to behind me. The first picture is the normal bunny ears behind my head. The second picture is him giving me horns. However, in the third picture he is pretending that he is about to lick my ear and in the last picture he has his fangs out, pretending that he is about to sink them into my neck.

"I'm gonna kill you Jaden!" I shout at him.

"Now, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, from you," he says, laughing.