OUT FOR BLOOD - CHAPTER 19 - Vampire Good Guy

CHAPTER 19:

CATALINA'S POV:

We drive to my house and I try to hide how nervous I am, for Jaden's sake. I know that he wants everything to be okay between my friends and me, but I don't want him to feel like it's his fault if anything goes wrong tonight.

When we pull up in front of the gate, Jaden is driving, so I have to reach over him and punch in the code, "Sorry babe, I'd just give you the code, but I don't think that the others would like it."

"Actually, I already know the code, but I do like you crawling all over me to reach the keypad. We'll just pretend that I don't know it in the future," he smacks me lightly on my bottom.

"YOU are a pervert," I fold back into my seat.

"And YOU love me," he has a big grin on his face.

"What does that say about me?" I ask.

"That you have excellent taste," he replies.

"Huh. You know, when you say stuff like that, it always makes me wonder if you are referring to my personality or my blood," I grab his right hand and hold it between my two.

"As sweet as your blood tastes, it's your personality that I'm most interested in, angel. I can get blood from anywhere. I can only get that adorably fiesty personality from you," he parks in front of the house and I get nervous all over again.

I narrow my eyes and glare at him, "You better not be getting blood from just anywhere."

"See, that's what I'm talking about . . . adorably fiesty," he laughs and gets out of the car. I reach for my door handle, but he is already there to open the door for me.

Before we can even walk up the steps, the front door opens. Noah and Colin are there, fully armed. Jaden steps in front of me. Noah scoffs, "It's not her you have to worry about. We'd never hurt Catalina."

Jaden says in a deadly voice, "You'd never hurt me either. Or didn't you two learn that the other night?"

Noah starts to step forward and I step around Jaden and between them, "Hey, this is a social call. You guys can at least make an effort to be nice to each other."

Jaden puts an arm around my shoulders and kisses me on the cheek, "I'll try angel."

Noah clenches his fists, but steps aside to let us through the doorway. When we enter the living room, I grab Jaden's hand and sit on a couch next to him. Zoey, Rick and Joseph are all seated around the room. They are also all fully armed. I am most offended that Zoey is wearing weapons. Colin takes a seat, but Noah stands in the doorway, against the doorjamb, with his arms crossed.

I squeeze Jaden's hand, "Everyone this is my boyfriend, Jaden." A couple of them murmer a 'hello', but look uncomfortable. I continue and gesture to where Rick and Zoey are sitting together, "Jaden, this is Rick and Zoey. They're a couple." I gesture to Joseph, "This is Joseph, he's our techie and you've already met Noah and Colin."

Jaden doesn't seem the least bit nervous, "Nice to meet you all." Another uncomfortable set of murmured, 'nice to meet you'.

There is an awkward silence until Jaden says, "I just want to let you all know that I love Catalina and only have the best intentions where she is concerned."

Noah grunts, "Do you think that what's really best for her, is being with a vampire?"

"Most vampires, no. I wouldn't let most of them within ten miles of her. Except for when she's hunting, of course. Even then . . ." Jaden trails off.