10. Flick of the wrist

I looked at the clock and saw it was 9:30am. Pia combed her messy hair in annoyance.

"I can't believe that we got chased round school at 9am in the morning on a Monday," she moaned. I put my own hair in a messy bun and grabbed my bag.

"It's good exercise and we don't have to see Marcia for most of today. Have you seen my science book?" Pia reached under her bed and handed it over to me. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Time to go. We have, like, 5 minutes to get there." As usual, she dragged me to our Chemistry lesson.

*****

The teacher was sitting down, marking work instead of explaining the work. Luckily, he had used Magyk to make the piece of chalk write it on the board for us to read. Our task was to do a test for fat using ethanol. Basic right? But Pia and chemistry didn't seem to get along.

She set up the Bunsen burner and I got the instructions. I handed it over to her and she observed it very closely.

"Ah...Hmm... Yep. Okay, I know how to do this!" Pia suddenly dropped the instructions in the flames. I looked at her in shock but she didn't look fazed. She simply got everything we needed and began the experiment.

"Pia-" I started.

"Pour the ethanol. That's what it said... But how much?" She poured the whole lot in the beaker.

"Pia listen to me..." I tried again.

"Hmm.. Now we must boil it," she said while placing it above the fire. She began laughing like a evil scientist with her arms waving beside her.

"Pia watch out!" But it was too late. She knocked over the experiment. The ethanol spilled on our table and the Bunsen burner fell beside it. A huge fire rose which caused us to scream as well as the sprinklers drenching the whole class with water.

Our teacher, Mr.Toff came towards us with all his chins quivering with anger.

"DETENTION BOTH OF YOU!" he bellowed. Pia smiled then saluted the man.

"Yes sir!" She marched out of the classroom. I decided to follow her lead and marched out.

"Pia you're crazy." We walked to the detention room laughing like hooligans.

*****

A whistle blew and the football team began a drill. Pia and I were in the stadium which was next to the sports block. It had a clear roof that could open up when it was sunny and close during the winter which was coming up. We dragged ourselves to the top row of seats, as far away as possible from the cheerleaders.

Marcia watched us as we went further and further away. I became suspicious when she started smirking and whispering with her friends. I wonder how many girls can say they made an enemy in less than a week. Pia went through her bag and brought out an orange then looked at Marcia.

"Don't think about it Pia," I said to her, continuing up the stairs.

"Aww. Why not? It might bring some brain cells back to life." As much as I wanted to test that out, I thought it was best to ignore her.

Pia and I sat down and I began to bring out my homework. Maths, Chemistry, French-

"Ryan!" Pia screamed in my ear. "Look Ree! He's catching up with Hadrian!"

At first I didn't register what she said as I was sure my ears had become useless. Why she had to shout I will never know. The guys were doing laps but you could see it was a race for them. And guess who was in the lead? The devil himself. The worst part was he looked as though he was putting no effort but somehow was ahead by a good 25 meters. Finally, Hadrian finished the last lap and was tackled by a real-life Barbie. Marcia moved to kiss him but instead he dodged it then hugged her briefly. He then walked away, leaving her to stand by herself. Ouch. Pia started to snort and went down to meet her own boyfriend.

Well, I had my own man. He was perfect and he went by the name Mark the muffin. I brought him out of my bag and started to eat in silence. Until, I heard Pia's voice.

"I can totally do cheerleading b*tch," she said, a bit red in the face.

"Is that so? I guess you could be flyer as that is a easy position." Judging by the mischievous expression on Marcia's face it wasn't going to end well. Pia laughed confidently and two members of Marcia's army lifted her into the air. They threw her up but in a way I knew they would never catch her. I started running towards her, saying every spell I could think of to try and save her but nothing worked. Pia fell to the ground with a huge crack. The cheerleaders stared in shock or fear so I had to push past them to get to my friend.

Pia stared at me at me as if she couldn't believe she had fallen. She turned to Marcia.

"BTW I am about to faint but listen here, b*tch. I will make sure you lose your little kingdom no matter what. And Rhea, you better get Ryan. I think I broke my non-existent butt bone." As soon as she said that, she fell unconscious.

#

- Who ships Marcia and Hadrian?! o.O

#goalssssNot

XO Nyx_