Chapter 2

Upon hearing a knock on his door, Kurama groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Dude, I already told you that I'm not giving you an autograph, so stop pestering me!"

"Um, I'm not here for an autograph...." A familiar voice called from the other side of the door.

"Nanami?" Standing up, Kurama strode to the door and opened it slightly to see the brunette goddess standing on the other side. Oddly, the only one with her was her tiny shikigami; neither Tomoe nor Mizuki were anywhere to be seen. Swinging the door open the rest of the way, the pop star leaned casually against the doorframe. "What are you doing here, and where's the fox?"

"That's....kind of why I'm here. Can I come in?" Nanami asked quietly.

Kurama frowned as he studied Nanami carefully. Dark bags lined her lifeless eyes, and her cheeks were missing their usual rosy, youthful color. She stood hunched over like an old woman, and when she turned at just the right angle, the light caught the tearstains on her face. Her usual smile was replaced by a deep frown, and a cloud of gloom clung to the air around her. Something was definitely wrong, and Kurama guessed that the fox had something to do with it.

"Of course." The tengu said, stepping out of the doorway and ushering Nanami inside. Guiding her over to the couch, he sat her down and looked her dead in the eyes. "Now tell me what's wrong. Is it Tomoe? Did he hurt you?"

"Tomoe...Tomoe and I broke up." Nanami sniffled as fresh tears leaped to her eyes.

"Oh..." A mixture of emotions churned inside of Kurama. While one side of him felt bad for Nanami, the other side was relieved and actually somewhat excited because the breakup meant Nanami was now single. "I'm sorry, Nanami. How are you coping?"

Nanami wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "I'm fine; Tomoe's the one I'm worried about. I don't want him to go back to being all mean and violent."

"Nanami, he's still mean and violent."

"He's better than he was! I'm afraid that this breakup will make him relapse, and he'll start behaving like when we first met. I can't let that happen, and I need you to help me make sure it doesn't. Please Kurama?"

The pop star stroked his chin thoughtfully. "I don't like the fox very much. He annoys me to no end, and I don't see any reason why I should help him. However, for your sake, Nanami, I guess I can try."

"Thank you, Kurama!" Nanami smiled broadly and wrapped the tengu in a tight hug.

A light blush dusted Kurama's cheeks. "Whatever. Just don't tell anyone, especially Tomoe."

"I won't, I promise."

"Alright. Now, what do you need?"

"Advice."

"Advice? What kind of advice?"

"Love advice." Nanami stated. "Given that you are a famous pop star, I have no doubt in my mind that you've been in a few relationships, which also means you've been through a few breakups. I guess what I want to know is how you got over a girl breaking your heart and moved on?"

A smile crept onto Kurama's face. "Is that all? That's an easy answer. I found someone else."

"Found someone else? You mean another girl?"

"Yep. In my opinion, the best way to forget about one girl is to distract yourself with another." Kurama grinned before adding softly to himself. "It doesn't always work though. There are some girls that I just can't get off of my mind; girls like you, Nanami..."

Nanami's brows pinched together as she thought carefully about Kurama's response. "I don't know. For one, Tomoe doesn't seem very interested in the other girls at school. Also, I can't make him fall in love against his will."