Epilogue

Months later....

Nanami couldn't help but chuckle as she watched Tomoe pace impatiently back and forth across the floor of the carriage, his tail flicking anxiously back and forth and nearly tripping him on more than one occasion. The sound caught the fox's attention, causing him to whirl on his heels and scowl at her.

"What's so funny?" he snapped.

"Oh, would you calm down? I just find it cute that you're so excited to see Sakura again." Nanami chirped with a dismissive wave of her hand.

Tomoe's cheeks flushed slightly before he resumed his pacing. "She was too busy with her studies to see me last time we visited so forgive me if I feel our reunion has been put off for long enough."

"Well, now that you and I have graduated, we should be able to come here more often." Nanami said.

"Not necessarily. There is still college to worry about and from what the tengu has told me, you get even more work in college than you did in high school." Tomoe retorted, pausing momentarily to peek out the window at the ground below.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Nanami groaned, shuddering as she recalled the long years she had ahead of her. "Let's not worry about the future and focus on the time we have to spend with our friends now, okay?"

Tomoe sighed and nodded his head. "Very well. Do you think Hiromi will be there?"

"I don't think so. Last I heard, she was taking a vacation at Mount Kurama so she could 'mend the men's armor.'" Nanami giggled. Standing up, she approached Tomoe and randomly threw her arms around him in a lazy hug, catching the fox by surprise.

"What is this for?" he asked.

"I'm just so happy that you're happy. I was really worried about you after...you know." Nanami replied softly.

"Oh." Tomoe blushed slightly as he recalled that day. So much had happened since then and while he did miss what he and Nanami used to have, he wouldn't change anything that had happened to them. Judging by Nanami's expression, he could infer that she felt the same way.

"Tomoe...do you think I'll make a good wife someday?" Nanami suddenly asked, catching him offguard.

Tomoe's eyes went wide. "Where is this coming from?"

"Well, it's just that when I was talking with Kei and Ami after the graduation, Kei brought up that Atomu might propose sometime since we've been dating for a while."

"I see." Tomoe mused. "Well, from my experience, you are very whiny and lazy at times-"

Nanami's heart started to sink.

"-but you possess the kindness, love, patience, and nurturing nature required to be a good wife and ultimately a mother, so I do believe you will make a great bride some day." the fox continued, a slight smile gracing his lips.

Tears sprang to Nanami's eyes as she squeezed Tomoe a little tighter. "Sakura better take great care of you when you two finally tie the knot. You deserve it."

"I would disagree but thank you." Tomoe crowed just as the cart began to descend. His ears perked up immediately and he threw open the doors of the flying carriage to behold Lord Daichi's- no, Lord Atomu's estate below them, and if he squinted hard enough, he could just make out a familiar redhead standing alongside her brother on the steps of the shrine. Heart rejoicing, he leaped out of the cart before it could even fully land and ran to Sakura, throwing his arms around her. Sakura hastily returned the gesture and buried her face into his chest as he peppered her ears and the top of her head with kisses.

"I missed you." he whispered huskily after depositing the last kiss.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry you had to wait so long to see me again." Sakura apologized as she raised her head to look him in the eye, her bang falling over her face.

"Your hair has gotten longer. Shall I trim it for you again while I'm here?" Tomoe cooed gently as he brushed the strands of hair out of her face.

"I would like that. Of course, I would ideally like to have it done before the end of the week." Sakura smiled, causing Tomoe's brows to scrunch together in confusion.

"What's at the end of the week?" he asked.

"Nanami didn't tell you?"

"No..."

Sakura's cheeks immediately flushed pink as she shot a bashful glance at her brother. After receiving a nod from him and a dismissive wave of the hand, she pulled Tomoe a little farther away before answering him in a hushed tone.

"I talked to my teachers and Atomu and they all think I'm ready, so I was hoping we could have our pre-mating ceremony at the end of this week. We sent a message out to Nanami and she replied, so we figured you knew-"

Sakura couldn't finish her sentence before Tomoe's lips had grabbed hold of hers. Purring softly, she sank her hands into his hair and allowed him to back her up against a wall as his hands cradled her back, pulling her to him. After a few heated minutes, they broke apart to stare longingly into one another's eyes.

"That sounds wonderful. You're sure you're ready though?"

"I am, and you've been kept waiting long enough."

"Won't this be hard one you though if I'm living in one place and you in another?"

"Atomu and I discussed that and we think we came up with a plan. You see, Ayano recently showed back up."

"The chameleon?"

"Yes, and after a few days of looking around and talking with my brother, she agreed to become his second familiar. Atomu still needs to talk to Nanami about it, but he's thinking perhaps we could do some sort of tradeoff where you and I go with him for a month while Ayano and Mizuki stay with her for a month and vice versa."

"I see. Atomu could always just propose to Nanami as well so we are all together then." Tomoe commented, causing Sakura to laugh.

"I suggested that as well, and given how red Atomu's cheeks got, I'm not sure he is quite ready for that measure just yet."

"Well, whatever happens, so long as I have you then I shall be content." Tomoe purred as he playfully nuzzled her neck. Giggling, Sakura tried to push him off of her but with no luck. Meanwhile, Nanami and Atomu stood nearby watching the entire ordeal go down.

"I don't think I've ever seen Tomoe smile this much. I'm happy for him." the goddess commented as she watched Sakura break free from Tomoe's grasp and run off as he playfully chased after her.

"Indeed. They are good for one another." Atomu replied as he snuck a glance at the brunette. After an awkward moment of silence, he swallowed thickly and continued, "Nanami, what you think about the two of us getting engaged?"

"EH?!?!?!"

----------------------

And that's the end! This has been such a fun book to write, you guys! It means so much to me that you all loved this story and I am thankful for all of your support! I would love for you to check out some of my other stories if you like but if not that's completely fine. Again, thank you so much for your support and happy reading!