Chapter 1

Clary tapped her pencil on the desk nervously. People turned to glare at her, but she didn't care. Clary always seemed to be on edge these days.

3 months. Sebastian had killed Valentine and then disappeared three months ago. Clave members were being murdered. The Clave said they didn't know who was behind the murders, but Clary knew.

Sebastian. Her brother. Jocelyn had told Clary everything. Told her how Valentine had fed Jocelyn demon blood while she was pregnant with Seb- Jonathan.

The demon that had been Jonathan was a shape shifting demon. No one knows how the Sensor didn't work, but the Silent Brothers were looking for answers.

Jace had stayed by Clary's side, defending her from judgmental Shadowhunters. Being Valentine's daughter was like a curse. After being questioned by the Clave, Clary and the others returned to school. Jocelyn had still demanded Clary go to school in Idris.

It was the almost the end of the last semester and Clary was barely passing. It wasn't that she wasn't a good Shadowhunter, but she hadn't been able to focus.

Finally the bell rang. Jace stood by the door, smirking. He gently pulled her to the janitor's closest and closed the door.

He kissed her. Clary wondered if she would ever get used to it. Probably not.

"What's wrong?" Jace asked, using the special voice he saved only for her. Clary couldn't help but smile. Instead of answering, Clary pulled him down for another kiss.

She tangled her fingers in his silky hair, pulling gently. He responded without hesitation. He gently pulled her off her feet an wrapped her legs around his waist.

"Alec's going on date with Magnus tonight. Do you want to go on a date with me tonight?" Jace said when they finally pulled away.

Just as Clary was about to answer the door opened. Isabelle's eyes widened when she saw Jace and Clary. "You two can finish this later. Right now we need to go."

Isabelle pulled them both to the assembly room. A large crowd stood waiting.

"What happened?" Jace demanded. Isabelle frowned.

"Sebastian has attacked the Los Angeles Institute."