Hurt Words

Robin P.O.V.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT!!" Kid Flash yelled in my face, his face was red with anger.

We were on our way back to Mount Justice after a mission, in which everybody thought I failed.
*Flashback*

I looked at the big factory as Aqualad sent out instructions to the team using the mindlink.

We will go in together as a group and enter the control station. Robin will deactivate all security, then we get what we need from the factory. Understood? Aqualad said.

We all nodded and moved. After knocking out several guards we made it into the control station where I took over.

I dashed to the control board where there were a bizillion buttons and kights which nobody would understand. I got to work immediately.

Motion sensors and heat sensors offline. I reported. Aqualad gestured forward and I relaxed in the chair I was sitting in while the team left.

Suddenly the alarms were blaring. My eyes widened and I quickly pressed several buttons.

This wasn't supposed to happen!!! I was so busy I didn't realize the guards sneaking up from behind.

Of course I fought I'm not dumb. Then at that moment I had to cough. And unfortunately they took that chance to hit me.

And then -

*Flashback cut*

"-WEAK AND STUPID!! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!!" I gazed at Wally and nodded slowly.

Third Person P.O.V.

Robin nodded ever so slowly at Wally. The team was standing behind him nodding. Then Aqualad stood in front of Kid Flash.

At first Robin thought Aqualad was going to stop Kid Flash but he was wrong...

"We all have our responsibilities in the team. And our jobs are most important. You have fai-" Aqualad was cut off by Robin.

Robin started coughing and droplets of red stained the floor. He kept coughing, slowly sinking to the ground as a puddle of crimson blood formed around him. He couldn't stop. There was nothing but pain.

"Hey... buddy? You okay?" Kid Flash zipped up next to him. Robin didn't move. Not a single twitch or sign of breathing as his coughs faded.

"Robin? ROBIN!!!" Kid Flash was shaking him but he was still.

"Take him to medbay! Artemis get Black Cana-"

"I'm here," Canary walked in and picked Robin up in her arms.

"Contact Batman inmediately," she said and rushed off with the team following.

Robin P.O.V.

It was like... a pool of darkness. And I was swimming in it. There wasn't anything. I was bored and pretended to twiddle my fingers. Suddenly a vision formed.

It was the team... and me.
Except... the team was on one side and I was alone on the other.

"YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WEAK, ACROBAT NINJA FREAK!!!!" Kid Flash was screaming at me.

"NOTHING BUT A INTERFERENCE IN EVERY MISSION!" He continued.

"You failed M'gann," Superboy grunted.

"Trouble, I say it again. Nothing but trouble," Artemis said, crossing her arms and glaring daggers at me.

"I am so so sorry but you're too ... umm.... messy should I say?" M'gann said quietly, hiding behind Superboy.

"Robin, leave and never come back. You are a disgrace," Aqualad said, pointing away from them to the emptiness surrounding us.

Then the team faded and Batman appeared in a whisp of smoke.

"Too sloppy! Why did I even adopt you. Should've left you at the juvi," Batman growled. Then all the other league members appeared saying insults.

And every words was like a white hot knife stabbing me. I backed away as they closed in.

"No no no NO!! STOP STOP I'M SORRY!!! I'm sorry! Just stop!" I screamed shutting my ears and eyes. I waited in silence and the league disappeared, but the insults stayed. Echoing in my head. On and on and on....

Third Person P.O.V.

Robin was lying in a hospital bed. A tube was running out of his throat and mouth.

The team was standing there waiting for him to wake up. The only noise was the heart monitor slowly but steadily beeping constantly.

They were just about to leave, hopelessly, when the heart monitor went off the charts.

"What's wrong with him!?" M'gann cried, clutching Superboy's shirt.

"Get Black Canary and Batman!" Aqualad ordered.

Artemis left immediately.

Muffled screams were blocked out by the tube.

Then everthing went silent as Black Canary entered with Batman.