chapter 4

Master chief p.o.v.

I walk out the tree line, Sparta slightly behind me. Kelly runs up, hugging me and I return it. Fred comes, slapping some skin as I hear the roar of banchies. Sparta ducks down as I motion blue team to duck and follow. We head back into the tree line when a shot rings out, Sparta falls to her side, blood soaking her shirt.

I look, a marine there, Captain Keyes behind hem, his rifles barrel smoking. With a growl, I pick up Sparta, running for the cave. They follow, well my foot prints as I hit hundred kilometers.

Coming to the cave, I go to our cavern, working to get the bullet out. The others get there as I finish the stitching. Kissing Spar's forehead, I walk into the main cave.

Going to the fire, I add wood, putting some meat on the rock. "John." Kelly says. I look at her, my right eye scared. "Who is that little girl." Kelly asks.

"Remember the base we had to nuke." Everyone nods. "I was running out, spared a glance and slid to a stop. The Covenant was experimenting on Sparta. I freed her, she was only an infant and I ran as fast as I could."

"The nuke went off as I got to the door and got thrown. My Mjolnir was damaged. Comm link was busted and the Pelacon was in the atmosphere. So, I raised Sparta as my own." I explain.

Turning the meat, a small form lays on my back. I reach behind, pulling Sparta around. She curls in my arms, wrapping hers around my neck and she nuzzles my neck.

Her hair is brown with silver highlights. Bright blue eyes, and tan skin. Well, half her hair is hid by the wraps.

Sparta looks at the others and infront of everyone, kisses my cheek. I smile, startling everyone and check on the meat.

The sun begins to set, Sparta gets up and goes to the cave entrance and watches it. "Hey, Chief. Want to go home." Keyes asks.

I stand by Sparta, hand on her shoulder and she looks at me. "What you say, baby." I ask. Sparta looks at me "I don't want to leave, this place is home. Please, I don't want to leave home." Sparta says.

--------------------

Should Chief stay on Harvest or rejoin the fleet.

Sorry to all my fans, my account got hacked and I just got back on.