2 | Unwanted

I decided to go back home at 4pm, I needed to get my laundry done before the sun goes down.
The weather was perfect now, it was quite hot but windy.
I decided to call my dad and see what he was up to. I dialled him and put the phone to my ear.

Ring...Ring...Ring

"Hey this is Ethan, I can't get to the phone right now. Leave me a message." His voiced beamed through the phone.

My hands trembled and I looked down at my phone in disbelief. What happened? Why did he hang up on me? It has to be a mistake, Im gonna dial again.

After ringing him 3 times and getting no reply, I frowned and began thinking about everything.

I was strange, I admit. I had built this big big wall around me, but I was still an easy person to read. After being crushed for over a billion time I thought that's what I needed to do. I always pretended to be okay, smiling, and laughing. I always let people in, I fill them in on my lifes details. I talk about how disgusting it is, and how every time things begin falling into place they fall apart once again.

---------------------------------------

I slumped up the stairs with Andre's jacket in hand, I was keeping it until the next time we see each other.

I reached my floor hoping my mum wasn't home. I shoved the key inside the keyhole and opened the door. I peeked inside and the place still reeked, but it was soundless. I opened the door further and shut the door behind me. I held my bag up and searched for loose change but I couldn't find any. My mum probably has some I'll just get some of her change, it wouldn't be a lot anyway. Probably like 4 or 5 dollars.

I shoved the door wide open, just half way till the end it hit something hard. I looked over and saw my mum laying behind the door. Her face lacked colour and her lips were blue. I looked around to find bottles of whiskey all around her, and white powder that I soon identified as cocaine on the rim of her black strapless dress.

"Oh no, God please, not again." I whispered as I hurriedly sat down next to her touching her shoulder.

It was cold, and lifeless. I began panicking as I shook her.

"Mum, mum! Mum please wake up!" I was shaking her with so much force her head was tossing on the floor. A tear slid down my cheek, followed by many others.

I ran over to my bag and grabbed my phone dialling 911.

"Hello, whats your emergency?"

"My mum, she-she's not moving!" I shouted into the phone.

"Where are you ma'am?" The lady at the other end asked.

"I'm in Lafayette Avenue, Bronx."

"Okay ma'am, I'm gonna need you to remain calm" Was this woman out of her mind?

"How the fuck do I remain calm? My mum could be dead for all I know!" I shouted, I was losing it. I ran back to my mum and sat next to her.

"Honey, I need you to check for pulse."

I pressed two fingers on my mums neck trying to find something.

Nothing, I couldn't feel a thing. I began panicking but realisation soon hit me.

I threw the phone on the floor and scrambled to get a hold of her wrist pressing two fingers trying to find something. I frantically searched not giving up. I couldn't find a thing. I held my knees to my chest and began weeping as I stared at my mother.

"What have you done?" I whispered rocking back and forth.

----------------------------------------------------