5 | He's everywhere

My eyes felt like they are going to pop out of their sockets. What is Mr. Businessman doing here?

"What am I doing here?" I scoffed mimicking him. "I live a few blocks down. What are you doing here?" That was the real question! What the hell was he doing here? In my neighbourhood?

"My housekeeper asked me to pick her up from here. None of my drivers were free to do it, so I offered." He shrugged taking the seat next to me.

I pulled my headphones from my ears unsure if I was hearing things then I started laughing hysterically. I clutched my stomach as tears filled my eyes, I found this very amusing.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked with an eyebrow raised, he looked down to his clothes to see if he had anything that looks funny.

"No, no, you're fine." I waved him off as I wiped the tears with my finger. "I just find it amusing that you're here to pick up your housekeeper."

I mean surely she could have found her own way to his place, he must have lived in a pricey part of the city. I found it sweet that he came to this rusty neighbourhood to pick her up. "Does she wash your clothes here?" I couldn't help but wonder why she was here.

"No, she washes her families clothes here. I offered her to wash her clothes at my place but she declined." He said smiling at me.

I nodded understanding then heard the machine beep. "Well that's me." I giggled nodding towards the machine located at the highest shelf.

I began pulling my clothes and folding them nearly in my bag. I had to stand at my tippy toes to grab my stuff. I couldn't find the tiny stool I used to put my clothes in and start the dryer. My underwear was stuck at the dryers ceiling and I couldn't get a hold of it. I began jumping as I attempted to get a hold of my undergarment. I breathed out a heavy breath defeated and as I was gonna close the dryer door to begin my search for the stool I hear a low chuckle very close to me.

"Here, let me get that for you." The businessman pulled it down and turned to me. "I believe this belongs to you." He smirked handing me my lace underwear.

I grabbed it shoving it in the plastic bag. "Thanks." I muttered flushed not dating to look up at him.

"I've got to see you in those some time." He breathed into my ear, he smirked his hand coming up to touch my hair.

"Is that your way of asking me out?" I flirted back looking up at him.

He was about to reply when a voice cut him off. "Sorry to keep you waiting Mr.Hoffmann. I'm ready." A chubby middle aged lady walked over. Her Spanish accent was very thick, she looked like she was in her mid 40's, with short and curly dark brown hair and yellow highlights. She held a washing basket that was covered with a white cloth, I guess her clothes hid neatly under it. "Miranda will come over to pick this up soon." She nodded towards her basket.

He sighed and looked over to his white gold watch. I could tell he was in a hurry.

"I'm sorry sir, I just don't feel safe leaving the clothes here." Guilt took over her expression as she put the basket down.

"I can watch it for you." I blurted out not even comprehending what I said.

"Oh thank you angel!" She exclaimed walking over to me holding my hands. I cringed at the nickname she gave me, but quickly covered my expression with a grin.

"Of course! No worries!" I exclaimed grabbing her basket and bring it near my own bags. I was done washing and drying my two bags of clothes, but I don't know why I wanted to help this poor women.

I saw her walking out with him, Mr.Hoffmann. I laughed at his name, for some reason it sounded funny.

I looked down at her basket and laughed even more. I don't know why I helped this stranger, random acts of kindness was not my thing. I would say I'm a very selfish woman with a big ego. I refused to let people get to me, yet I craved the attention I'm given by them. I fed on attention, that's why I would go around easily filling people on my life problems. I was accustomed to being used and thrown away. I was also accustomed to being important one second then dropped the next, this was more like my relationship cycle with every person I meet.

I envy my brother Calvin for the perfect life he is blessed with. He has my fathers attention, Alyssandra loves him like he is her own, he is an important figure in New York and he is successful. He loves what he does,  and rarely ever complains. While me on the other hand, a polar opposite.

Maria walked in and grabbed her mothers basket, thanking me for keeping an eye on it. I guessed her mother called her before leaving. I found it funny that her mother trusted me, it wasn't like I was gonna steal anything but I definitely won't lie and say that I've never stole anything before.