Chapter 1

Ross' POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone buzzing. Aching from a recent beating, I sit myself up and grab it.

Shelby. My cousin.

'Hey Rossome, I'm coming over since it's a Sunday and I got nothing to do.'

I smile, knowing that Max won't be able to do anything while she's here. It's awesome, because now I get to hang out with a friend without him.

"Hey Maxxy!" I yelled out sitting upright against my bedframe, then hear pounding steps. My room door busts open and I turn to see him.

"What?" He asked, anger bubbling up inside him. Oh god, I'm getting killed tonight. Maybe I shouldn't mention it to him? The ginger was clearly annoyed, and quite frankly I don't think I'll live after this moment.

He stormed over, shoving me off my bed. A loud thud and me groaning from pain could be heard. " S-Shelby is going to come over." I stuttered, dragging myself up. I raised my arms to cover my face, scared for my life.

"What?! And you didn't say a damn thing to me you little Bitch?!" He shoved me into the wall, causing me to cry. "I didn't even know myself!" I felt blood soaking through my brown shirt and black sweatpants. I must've been broken skin, I don't know how, but I did.

He wore A red tshirt, grey hoodie, and some jeans. At the moment he was barefoot since he was home. Funny how he wore that outfit all the time when he used to be Glad Max.

"You know what? Fine." Max started walking away and then suddenly stopped, leaving my heart pounding.

"You're gonna regret letting her come over. And don't mention this little conversation at school to our friends either." He disappeared, leaving me alone.

I can't leave, my family doesn't want me staying at their house because, well, I'm gay. Shelby was the only one who accepted me. My only option is to stay with Max, but this fucking sucks.

My phone buzzed again, I checked it realizing it was from Shelby again.

'Nevermind. Something came up so I'll have to come over some othertime.'

Instantly I feel sad. Nope, not one day without hell. Max would be 'happy' at least. No witnesses, so that means more beatings.

I texted Max, not wanting to yell like last time.

'Hey, Shelby isn't coming over cuz somethin came up. Sorry.'-Me

'Good, I'm going out and I won't be back till 8:00 PM. Don't touch a damn thing or you are Dead.'-Max

'Okay, bye I guess'-Me

I put my phone on my dresser and get up. My hands fumble around in one of the drawers, trying to find a good shirt to wear and some neat pants for tomorrow for school. As I find what I'm looking for, I head towards the bathroom.

I was getting undressed, then hop in the shower, turning on the water. It's coldness numbs my pain.

But it can't numb the emotional pain.

Well, I wanted my editor to have a break because well, I want her to focus on her books. I unpublished my other books because I wanted to take a break from them. This story will only be edited by me, the author. Comment, Vote, And share this story for more! Thanks for reading! Like the picture? LOL.