Chapter 3: Paths Meet

We begin to walk back to Mr. Lynn's shack, the little girl happy with Mr. Flopsy and my robotic arm hanging limply at my side. Leaking hydraulic fluid, yeah my day can't get any better than that. We just continue to wander around until we eventually stumble across Mr. Lynn ourselves. "Where have you two been? I've been worried sick!"

Jay laughed a small laugh, "We went for a walk after I calmed P down." I smile at him as he walks past Mr. Lynn.

I go to follow, but I stop in front of Mr. Lynn before I follow after Jay. "We have a few questions that we hoped you can answer." He stares at me as I begin to follow after Jay. "We hope they aren't too hard for you." I say it over my shoulder and jog to catch up to Jay.

I catch up to him and he grabs my left arm. "We should really get you fixed up. We don't know what we're getting into."

"What's the point? The hoses are just going to break the next time I get hot." I go to move my left arm and then remember the whole situation. I let out a heavy sigh and move my right arm to remove my left arm from Jay's grip. However his grip only tightens around my arm. "Let go Jay it's no use."

"That's because you let humans work on you. They don't know how to accommodate for anything." He begins to lead the way to another shack, this one was an iron works. "Let's get you something made by someone who knows what to expect from you." 

We walk into the iron works shack and see a large man holding a red hot piece of metal in a prosthetic hand. The metal work on it was beautiful and it seemed to glow with power not with heat. I gawk at it as the man begins to speak. "You like what you see there don't you?" I couldn't speak, I was so amazed by the craftsmanship used to get the etchings of flames to form different animals that seemed to dance when he used his power. The man laughed, "I guess she does."

Jay began to speak for me, "We need you to build her a new arm. You gave her a leg about eight years ago."

"Ah your the blast victim. I remember you well, cauterized your own wound to prevent yourself from bleeding out. You my friend are one tough girl and I would be honored to make you an arm."

I finally look up at the man's face and see a bushy black beard that looked like it was alive just like the etchings on his arm. But his eyes were coal, black and endless. "I would be grateful if you would do that."

He smiled, his teeth surprisingly white considering he was covered in soot from head to toe. "What would you like, gold, silver, platinum?"

"I need something durable. Something that withstand the heat." 

The man smiled and went into a back room of some kind. When he came out he had a large rock that was blood red. "This is a blood diamond. It can withstand well over a thousand degrees. The only thing is you will have to get your leg redone also."

"Why?" I look down at my leg and see the wires hanging all over the place. It was working fine. 

"You cracked one of the cylinders. I can see it from here." He pointed to my exposed thigh, and he was right. The crack went from the top to the bottom of the cylinder. 

"How long will it take?" I look at him with wide eyes and see him turned around.

He looks over his shoulder, "Not long at all, give me an hour and it will be done."

"Can I ask for a customization?" He nods, and I take a breath in. "I want my hand to have the claws of a dragon. Ones that are sharper than daggers."

The man turned around and I already saw a broken diamond, the two halves sitting side by side. He looks at his hand and then back at me. "Are you challenging my craftsmanship?" I nod and he begins to laugh. "Challenge accepted! I will have your dragon's claw ready for you in an hour. Then we will get it hooked up."