9. Ready For Love

Chresanto.

The doctor wiped the jelly off of Bahja's belly. We saw our son today. He's so small. It's been 5 years, so I couldn't remember how it felt seeing one of your own. "What are you naming him?" Dr. Kingsley asked with a smile.

"Joshua." I said. "Shaheed." Bahja came right after me. We looked at each other and laughed. "Joshua Shaheed August? Just a suggestion." Dr. Kingsley said. I looked at Bahja with a smile.

"Joshua Shaheed?" I asked. "Sure." "Problem solved," The doc handed Bahja a slip of paper. "See you in two weeks!" "Thank you." Bahja called after her before the door shut. I turned to her. "Ready to leave?" She nodded As we walked out. I held her hand and walked out the door.

"So, I have a question." I started. "What's up?" I sighed. "Do you ever think about us? Like being together?" She stopped walking. Now time for the grilling.

"I mean, yeah. Why?"
"Well, I've been thinking..."
"And?"
"I wanna start over. Like with a real relationship this time."
"Are you sure? I mean, you're fresh out of a divorce, and we're having a baby."
"Bahj, despite what you or everyone else thinks, I am 110% ready."
"Ready for what?"
"Love. I promise, I am. Give me a shot."

She looked at me. I wasn't exactly sure what she was thinking, but whatever it was it must've been serious. She sighed. "One date. If you don't show me you're serious, there won't be an us. If you do show me what I wanna see...we'll talk." She walked away. One date. I better not fuck it up.