Chapter One: Alduin is No More

"Take that, you reptilian son of a bitch!" I yell as I jump onto the monster named Alduin and I drive a sword into his neck.

He roars in pain and throws me from his back. I roll onto the ground, feeling a sudden jolt in my ankle. I quickly roll out of the way as Alduin crashes to the ground, writhing in agony.

His body begins to flake away and disintegrate with his screams running loudly and I shudder. I brace myself, ready to absorb his soul but it doesn't come. Feeling a little disappointed, I slowly sit up and get my to feet shakily. I've done it. I just killed Alduin.

"We did it!" the heroes cheer in delight.

I breathe a shaky sigh of relief and I wipe the blood trickling from my nose away. I have a huge bruise forming on my forearm from where I was flung against a pillar in the beginning of the battle. My ankle is throbbing a little now, so I kick off of my Dwemer boot and I smile a little when I feel the spongy grass between my toes.

"You did a brilliant thing today, Dragonborn," Gormlaith smiles at me. I grin back at her and I sheathe my axe and sword and pull on my boot and I hobble along to where Tsun is standing.

"That was a might deed!" he bellows. "The doom of Alduin encompassed at last, and cleansed is Sovngarde of his evil snare. They will sing of this battle in Shor's hall forever. But your fate lies elsewhere. When you have completed your count of days I may welcome you again, with glad friendship, and bid you join the blessed feasting,"

I wipe away a second trickle of blood, feeling unsure with how to respond to him.

"All hail the Dragonborn! Shower her with praise!" the other heroes of Sovngarde cheer and I can't stop myself from grinning ear to ear. Even though my ankle is killing me and my bloody nose is embarassing me, it's still good to have legendary and celebrated heroes cheering on you.

Tsun clears his throat and I look back at him. "When you are ready to rejoin the living, just bid me so, and I will send you back,"

"Not yet," I shake my head. "There's someone I have to say goodbye to,"

"Tarry not too long - the land of the dead is not meant for mortals to linger," Tsun warns me.

I run off in the direction of Shor's Hall and I gingerly push open the doors to it. The heroes in there are cheering, playing various instruments and drinking mead. I scan the room, trying to find Ysgramor. I eventually catch sight of him and hurry along over to him.

"Ysgramor?" I try to catch his attention.

"You did well Dragonborn. We will sing of this day forever," Ysgramor beams at me. "I have met a great many brave and valiant warriors in my life but you truly stand out as one of the best ones I have ever had the pleasure of knowing,"

"Thank you...I'm honoured," I say sincerely. "Um...do you have any idea what I should do next?"

Ysgramor looks surprised with this question. "You are so young, you have only seen seventeen years on Nirn - your path is whatever you make it. You can use your powers for good or for evil. To help or to hinder...it is your life and your destiny,"

"Thank you," I nod my head. "I'm leaving now,"

"Farewell Dragonborn. Though you are not a Nord, you will always find a place for yourself here in Sovngarde! All hail the Dragonborn!" Ysgramor shouts as I leave and they all raise their tankards and cheer. Grinning like a complete idiot, I stumble out of Shor's Hall and I slowly make my way to where Tsun is standing. I go as slowly as possible, so I can enjoy the sights of Sovngarde better.