Chapter Seventeen - A Vision

"You doing okay Farkas?" I glance over at him. He's curled up in a fetal position, looking like he'd rather be dead than be here.

"Ughnnnff," he groans.

"He'll be fine," Vilkas rolls his eyes.

We had spent the past hour destroying our wolf spirits and freeing ourselves from lycanthropy, something that had taken a lot of stamina and health potions. We were all exhausted but I think Farkas had had the most trouble with it. He was the biggest out of us all, and the most kind-hearted, so his wolf spirit had almost destroyed him when it came out of him. Vilkas's wolf spirit was perhaps the most difficult to destroy. Like Vilkas, his wolf spirit was smart and cunning and wasn't so easily killed by myself and Farkas. Meanwhile my own wolf spirit had been a small little thing but incredibly fast on her feet and had worn the twins out.

"It's getting quite late. We should head back to Winterhold and then make our way home in the morning," I suggest.

"You're the Harbinger," Vilkas helps his brother up. "Come on, brother, there's a steaming tankard of spiced ale waiting for you,"

It had been almost a year since we had last come to Ysgramor's Tomb. In that year the Companions had expanded and had earned more coin than ever. Also in that year Ulfric Stormcloak's rebellion had effectively pushed the Imperials and the Thalmor out of Skyrim, so we were all under Ulfric's rule now. How long that will last, I can't say. But something deep inside of me knows that the Thalmor will be back soon.

***

"I'm sorry, but we only allow members of the College into the grounds," the woman at the gates to the College of Winterhold says, clearly frustrated with me. "Or unless you can prove yourself to be exceptional at magic,"

"My brother's a student and I'd like to see him," I try to persuade her. "Marco. Marco Whitemane,"

"Whitemane? You don't look a thing like him. His sister is the Dragonborn-"

"Lok...va KOR!" I look up to the snowy skies and the clouds and snow clears, revealing a pink evening sky.

"I-I, forgive me. I didn't realise who you were...please, come in," the woman stammers.

"He comes with me," I gesture at Vilkas. Farkas had collapsed in the inn after having a few too many drinks and we had bundled him into the bedroom we had rented for the night.

Vilkas and I trudge up the steep walkway to the College and we go across an unstable-looking stone bridge. The gates to the courtyard of the College creak open slowly and I see Marco reading a book by a statue of some wizard. Vilkas and I approach him slowly and he looks up and smiles at us.

"It is so good to see you again," Marco hugs me and shakes Vilkas's hand. "I cannot stay long, unfortunately, for I am about to make a small journey to the Shrine of Azura,"

"Azura? How come?" Vilkas raises an eyebrow.

"Azura has the gift of foresight, as do her followers. I have reason to believe that there is a priestess there who may be able to be of some assistance to my quest to find the rest of our family," Marco explains. "I am also doing some research into soul gems,"

"Well we know where Madanach is - Cidhna Mine," Vilkas points out. "Kodlak, Divines bless his soul, is in Sovngarde,"

"Belethor is in his shop and Elenwen in prison in Castle Dour," I add. "Ulfric wants to keep her hostage,"

"I would assume that our parents are also in Cidhna Mine with Madanach but I feel that I may be wrong...I cannot explain it," Marco frowns. "I've tried almost everything possible. I even went to Markarth once, an experience I never hope to repeat. They would not let me into the Mine to see Madanach or to see if our parents were there,"