CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

A/N:

THIS IS NOT PART OF THE MAIN STORY. 

Seeing as it's Christmas Eve I thought I'd surprise you all and make a short Christmas special chapter! This hasn't really got anything to do with the main story, it's really a spin-off. This part is around after Chapter 10, before Skylar's birthday and after her and Vilkas start to become friends. 

Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!

*****

12 Days Before Christmas

"Watch what you're doing with that tree, icebrain!" Aela snaps at Farkas. 

Farkas, Vilkas and Torvar are carrying a large pine tree, dropping pine needles everywhere. In the space of three minutes they had almost decapitated Vignar and knocked over a whole rack of warhammers, leaving a rather ominous dent in the floor. 

"Don't worry, Aela, we've got it sorted!" Farkas calls cheerfully. 

"Keep it moving," Athis instructs the boys. "We can put the three in the corner over there," he points at the far left corner of the hall, near Vignar and Brill's room. 

"What are you doing to help, you useless elf?" Torvar huffs. His face is red and he's covered in pine needles. "You too, Aela and Skylar,"

"We're supervising," I say smoothly. "And anyway, the three of us aren't as strong as you boys. We'd be crushed under the tree," 

"Flattering our egos won't work," Vilkas says grouchily, his face obscured by several branches. "Gods, I think these pine needles are going to blind me,"

Farkas, Vilkas and Torvar struggles onwards with the tree and finally get it securely into the corner of the mead hall. They stand back and admire their work and pat each other on the back. 

Farkas flexes his biceps. "I told you we had it all under control," 

Aela rolls her eyes. "I don't see why we need the tree out here now. It's only the twelfth, Christmas isn't for another twelve days,"

"We have to put the tree up before Christmas," Farkas looks incredulous. "Aela, this isn't game. It's Christmas," 

"Hircine preserve us," Aela mutters. 

Ria and Njada come up the stairs, carrying crates with them. "We found some decorations," Ria says, her cheeks flushed pink with excitment. "There's quite a mixture though. Nordic decorations, Imperial decorations and Elven decorations,"

"Well it represents us all quite well," Vilkas nods his head. 

"No it doesn't, there's no Breton decorations," I shake my head. "Nevermind. I'll check Belethor's shop to see if he's got anything I can buy for the tree,"

Njada and Ria set the boxes down and Farkas opens them up eagerly. "Oh, Vilkas look, it's Kolb and the dragon!"

"Who?" Athis asks. 

Farkas looks apalled. "Don't tell me you've never heard of Kolb. We all grew up with him and his stories! Look, it's his dragon in ornament form!"

"I grew up with stories of Mephala and Nerevar," Athis shrugs. "Dunmeri stuff. Oh, and Lady Almalexia,"

"Me too," I nod my head. 

"Well surely you've heard of Saint Asgar," Farkas frowns. 

"Who?"

"Gods! Saint Asgar. When we were children we were told that if we'd been good all year, Saint Asgar would bring us presents and if we'd been bad children we'd have bad luck until next Christmas and get no gifts," Farkas explains.