Chapter 8: Ship Shinanigans

The next morning the class made their way to the boat, chattering about the match making attempt they had tried and how excited they all were to spend the last day of vacation doing something they wanted to.  Nagisa had put up his mask and smile as if nothing happened yesterday while Karma was just... Well, Karma. But almost everyone noticed Nagisa semi-avoiding him as they got on the boat, going to hang with the green haired girl and superstar of the classroom. Karma, however, had bigger fish to fry.

By the time they were out to sea, the yellow tentacle lab reject was sea sick, the students were enjoying themselves, and Karma was on the hunt for the black braided glasses girl.

She wasn't as easy to find as he assumed it would be. Took him a good half the trip to find her. But, when he found her, she was trapped like a fly in the spider's web.

Sitting bellow deck in one of the cabins, Manami was reading her books, trying to stay away from above deck so no one would disturb her. Karma opened the door a crack, but she didn't notice. He slipped in and closed it behind him.

"So" he said in his smooth fashion that made her jump out of her skin as she slammed the book closed from the scare. "seems you saw some things back at the hotel."

"Uh, um." She adjusted her glasses, shaking a bit as she bit her lip and looked at the floor. "I-I-I-I didn't mean to. Koro-Sensei had sent me to tell you and Nagisa the plan was going to happen soon and I um, well...." She blushed a little as she fiddled with her book. "I didn't mean to stare at dinner."

"That was rude, I'll admit." Karma arched an eyebrow. "I just would appreciate you not talking about that with anyone."

"Why?" She set the book off to the side and looked up at him. "You afraid cause your gay the class won't react well to it?" He bristled.

"No." Karma said flatly. "Because Nagisa doesn't need gossip floating around that can be harmful to him. Trust me, completely selfless in this act." She shifted in her seat a little.

"Well..." A corner of her lip twitched. "Then, um... I'm gunna need something if I'm gunna be quiet."

"Hm?" Karma raised an eyebrow higher, a smirk crossing his lips." Are you trying to blackmail me?"

"Ye-ye-yes!" Her face went as red as a tomato but she stood her ground, unlike the last time when she caved. "I want you to train with me on weekends for a two months."

Karma's smile dropped a little, and he rolled his eyes. "Fine." He sighed. "But then you keep your mouth shut and never try to blackmail me again."

She nodded, extending her hand. He took it and squeezed a little. She winced, but removed her hand just as slow as he did. Karma sat down next to her and leaned himself back against the wall.

"So this weekends?" He asked, smiling just a little. "Or we start week after?" She grabbed him by the collar and pinned him to the walls taking him by surprise.

"Now."

Nagisa looked around the deck, his eyes scanning for the familiar red hair and slacked figure but coming up empty. He couldn't find him anywhere. He didn't miss the boat, he had seen him get on, but where could he have gone?

He also noticed Manami wasn't anywhere to be seen either. A nagging voice in his head told him something was wrong, but he stifled it. Karma wouldn't do something... Oh hell, he probably would. Nagisa had seen Karma do some stupid things that got him in trouble. He might be harassing her about something to assassinate Koro-Sensei or pull a prank on someone.

He decided to look to the lower decks to find him, but stopped at the stairs when he heard a muffled bang. He wished he had kept that knife from the rooftop battle, the anti-Koro knife wasn't going to do him much good.