Chapter 10: Pudding Popper

(Heads up, I'm actually taking from the dub I watch so most of the lines are actually going to be the real thing during the first part of this, so if you haven't seen Episode 2 of the second season ((Probs just me though)) then you need to go watch it first or nothing is going to make sense.)

Nagisa whipped the sweat from his brow as the sun began to set, smiling a bit at how much work they had put into this new master plan that the usually background player Kaede Kayano came up with. There wasn't many people out back where the pudding mold was set up, and he didn't expect the yellow octopus to actually be showing up here anytime soon. Everyone else had headed inside to grab their stuff before heading home form the E Class classroom was set up in the old building. The blue haired boy was about to speak up when he saw his very familiar red head walk up behind the girl, hands on his hips and the pure powder blue apron and clashing purple bandana in blood red hair.

"Nice work, Kayano." Karma asked, impressed as he looked down at his green haired friend sitting down in front of him. "You really thought all this up after reading a article on the country's egg surplus?"

"Sorta." The green haired girl looked out at the huge mold that stood tall and proud as the sun began to set. "Actually, I've been wanting to try and do this for a while now. And since the ministry of defense was willing to show up the money this time, I figured why not go for it." She blushed brightly as a charming smile crossed her lips. "When my mind is fixed on something, I just keep rolling I guess."

Karma smirked as he gave a backwards glance at Nagisa, looking cute as hell in his checkerboard yellow apron and yellow matching bandana keeping his blue hair out of his face.

"But another early day tomorrow!" She said as she stood up and stretched her arms out. "I'll see you two bright and early so we can finish this all off with the perfect touches. Night!" She started walking away, back into the building to hang up her Home Economics apron and bandana before heading home.

Karma and Nagisa stood there for a little while longer, still in their aprons outside, looking out at the sunset. Karma stole a glance over at him, a soft glow crossing his already orangey amber eyes. Nagisa's pale blue orbs were locked on the sunset through, only flashing in his direction as he made a move to get closer. A smirk crossed Nagisa's face.

"You know, purple is not your color." Karma arched an eyebrow, smirking as he leaned into Nagisa's cheek for a kiss. "And don't think that I don't know that you are just acting sweet cause your going to try something. I know you better than that."

"Says my sweet little bluebird all caught in my trap." Karma cooed as he wrapped his arms around him and rested his chin on his shoulders. "So I never did get the chance to ask how your night was after that kiss."

"It was nice." The blue haired boy chuckled and leaned his head on Karma's. "They were all actually pretty fun, though have to admit I wasn't expecting that Kirara and Ryoma were actually tied for the best Dance Dance Revolution player of the group. Though, have to admit, they were really competitive about it."

Karma's smile withered slightly at the big guys name, remembering how he wrapped his arms around Nagisa's shoulders like he was the boyfriend and not Karma. A bit of resentment chilled his blood, but he tried to play it off with a nod and hoped Nagisa wouldn't notice. There wasn't a need to worry, he had his prize now.

"I'm glad to hear that you had fun. Wanna do something with me tonight?"

"You going to go crossdress shopping?" Nagisa teased, which caused Karma to blush insanely red. "Oh come on, you don't think Ritsu came up with that all on her own, did you?"

"You little!" Nagisa pulled out his cellphone and pulled up the picture of his boyfriend in a maid outfit and showed it off. "DELET THAT!"

"Hey, you got a picture of me on your phone from the island when I crossdressed. It's only fair." Nagisa put the phone away. "Besides, you looked super adorable. I could just see how much fun you were having."

'And they call me the devil.' Karma thought as he looked away with a blush still across his cheeks. 'Though I am still way worse.'

"I hate you so much." Nagisa chuckled and kissed Karma's hand. "And don't think I'm going to go see that movie with you tonight if you keep this up."

"I actually have to cancel anyway." Karma let go of Nagisa with a confused expression. "I've been having a hard time sleeping and I don't want to be out of it tomorrow when the plan is set in motion."

"Very well." Karma held onto Nagisa's arm as he tried to head into the room. "Don't think your leaving without at least paying me back with a little bit of something."

Nagisa grinned as he stepped closer, leaning into Karma's apron covered chest as he pressed his lips to the red heads'. It was softer than he remembered, and the slight taste of sugar was still heavy on his lips from sneaking a bite of those flavor squares he supposedly 'dropped by accident.' Karma held him tightly around the waist, kissing back with his eyes half closed as the sun began to set slowly into the night. There wasn't much time till dusk, but they didn't care.

At lest, not till Nagisa's phone went off.

"Ugh..." Nagisa pulled away and looked at the contact on his phone. "Oh shit. I better head home."

"Mom?"

"Yep." Nagisa gave an apologetic kiss. "I owe you." He whispered as he turned away and answered the phone, running inside as he tried to explain why he wasn't already at home yet.

Karma sighed and headed inside, sure enough that no one else was going to be around for a while. He hung up his apron and bandana before heading back into the classroom. Ritsu's monitor was there, turned off already as to save on power. However, as he approached it the screen flashed to life with the smiling face of the AI.

"Got a little lovey dovey?" She asked, smiling like she already knew the answer. "Or did lover boy just tease you today?"

"You got some nerve working with him." The redhead looked into the AI's bluish purple eyes. "I thought we were exclusive."

"I help whoever wants me to help." Ritsu said, her hand flipping back one of her long side bangs over her shoulder. "And it just so happens I wanted to do it anyway, so why not give Nagisa a bit of payback too."

"Well, looks like I'll have to get you back one day."

"Try it, flyboy." The Ai made like she was looking sideways. "But by the way, how is the pudding coming along?"

"Just needs to chill for the night." Karma sat down in a seat just in front of her. "I think I'll sleep here tonight, I don't want to go home right now."

"Okay." Ritsu paused. "I notice you do this often. Is everything going to be okay?"

Karma paused, his eyes narrowing as the last bit of sunlight left the sky and was replaced in pitch blackness. His amber eyes, which were warmer, now grew pale and icy as he thought back on everything that had happened this morning to make him late to class. The fighting with his father, the 'prodigy' of a brother making like a tease, the big fight, the still sore bruised ribs under his shirt. Karma shook his head as he leaned his head on his hand, eyes looking out at the now rising and permanent cresent moon.

"Doubt it. But, then again, it would depend on what happens. " Karma gave he an evil smile. "Soon."