Prologue

PROLOGUE

January 1990

"So tell me about yourself. I want to know who you are and why I'm interviewing you today. Is your name really 'D' or is it short for something?"

"I go by 'D' because I like to be a mystery. But, do you mind telling me your name?"

"Well I don't think that's fair D. If you don't want to give me your name, why should I give you mine?" he asked while raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not gonna tell you my name. It's as simple as that. You're handsome by the way," I said with a straight face.

"Thanks. But we're not here to flirt okay? We're here for an interview. I know of you but I don't know you. I'm gonna ask you again, what is your real name?"

"Can we just skip this please? My name is D."

"Well okay D. What do you do for a living?"

"This may sound funny but... could you not eyeball me? If you want to do this, don't look directly at me."

"Well would you prefer me to look away?"

"Exactly," I spat.

"Okay," he said while dropping his clipboard and looking away. "What do you do for a living D?"

"Look pretty."

"No seriously. What do you do for a living?
And my name is Tom by the way, your interviewer."

"I prefer to call you... Thomas. That is, if you don't mind."

"No, call me Tom. That works just fine for me."

"Why not? I like Thomas, it's classy. Don't make this difficult, Thomas. This is my interview remember? Let me do and say what
I want."

"No. You will not do and say what you want. And call me Tom. When I was born, my mother named me Tom, not Thomas. And this isn't about me, it's about you remember? This is your interview."

"Well.. I don't know where to start Tom."

"That's better. And answer my question."

"What question?"

"What do you do for a living?"

"Next question please," I demanded.

"Look we don't have all day. Our time limit is one hour after that, you pay extra. And by the way, I'm uncomfortable. So whether you like it or not, I'm going to face you."

He turned around and I began to smirk.

"You are very pretty but that can't be your line of work. Now answer the goddamn question, I feel that you're hiding something. Who are you? What do you do for a living? And what is your name?"

"I want to tell you but... I'm afraid."

"Afraid? Afraid of what?" he asked.

"That you'll judge me."

"I'm not here to judge you and I'm not judging you. But you're wasting your time D, our time. My next client is scheduled after you so hurry up," he said while glaring at me.

I looked down.

"Let's go D, we don't have all day."

I shook my head.

"Listen, whether you speak or not you're still going to pay me. So speak up. Now."

"What do you want to know?"

"Well since you won't tell me what you do for a living because being pretty is not an answer, I want you to answer another simple question. Something that's been on my mind from the beginning."

"And that is?" I asked.

"Your name. And then we can get down to business."

He grabbed his clipboard and pen again, and waited for me to respond. I took a deep breathe and looked him in the eyes.

"I'm waiting," he said.

"It took place in 1987. I seduced every man, well every rockstar that I came across. I loved the boys in the band, I knew when they came to town."

"Wait a minute. I have a better idea."

He pulled out an audio recorder, inserted a blank cassette tape, and said "the date is January 23, 1990. My name is Tom Banks and I'm here with this mystery woman that goes by D. She won't tell me her full name and I don't know why. Her story seems interesting so I'm going to record her interview. Go ahead D."

I made sure I was loud enough and that my voice was clear.

"I loved rockstars. I would attend every concert and find myself backstage. I could seduce any man but there was one man... and that man was the Michael Jackson. He gave me a nickname... Dirty D."

"Michael Jackson? The King of Pop? You're joking right? Well why did he call you Dirty D?"

"Because.... I was a groupie. A groupie that couldn't take him to bed."

"I'm going to ask you one last time. What is your name?"

"Diana," I smirked.

Tatiana Thumbtzen as Dirty Diana

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the prologue of my newest and first Michael Jackson fanfic "Dirty Diana"

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the prologue of my newest and first Michael Jackson fanfic "Dirty Diana". I'm working on "Billie Jean" as well.

I apologize if it was boring. This will be a short story and it's coming soon. But before I begin writing it, do you guys like it so far? If you do I'll have it up as soon as possible. If you don't, I'll delete it and work on another book.

Dirty Diana💋 coming soon.