3 | Dirty Diana

"How is your night going so far Los Angeles? Is everybody having a good time?" Superman Lover asked.

"Yes!" the crowd cheered while clapping.

"Are you ready to find out who made the finals?"

"Of course!" someone yelled.

"Do y'all love me? Just wanted to know?"

Everyone got quiet. I tried so hard not to laugh.

"Okay well let's just get down to business. This was one hell of a night, I can't lie. There was so much talent on that stage! These ladies did a fantastic job don't you think?"

"Yeah!"

"Hey Superman," someone from the crowd interrupted "how are you? How are you feeling?"

"Oh me? Well. I'm super, thanks for asking," he smiled. "Now where were we? See that's what happens when you interrupt me. Uh seriously, where were we guys?"

"You were going to announce the finalists. Hello?"

"Oh right. Duh. How can I be so stupid? Well Michael has decided and he said from his own mouth, that this was a very tough decision to make. Wasn't it Michael?"

"It was. It really was," he said with a straight face.

"Oh my God. The Michael Jackson just spoken. Don't mind me yall, I'm still shitting my pants. But I know you're anxious to know, so I'm about to announce the winners."

He began to open the envelope, but stopped.

"Sorry. I just can't make myself do it. Some hearts are going to be broken tonight."

"Booooo!" the crowd yelled.

"Now come on Los Angeles, don't be like that. Just imagine if you were in my shoes. This is a very hard job, it's not as easy as it looks. So don't be so hard on me. Please and thank you."

"Just do it! How difficult can it be?" Michael asked.

"Michael you are the King but even you must understand. This is not an easy job. Life just isn't fair. Only two lucky young ladies are going to get a chance to sing for Michael."

"Okay and? Like we care. Just announce the winners please," someone demanded.

"Please! I have to go home and watch Good Times and Family Matters."

"Yeah...what he said."

"I'm sorry guys I just...I just can't."

"Let's go!" we yelled in unison.

"Look my final answer is-"

"Announce the fucking winners!"

"Okay well why didn't you say so? Okay the
two lucky winners are," he trailed off before opening the envelope "Ali Rose and Diana Penning. Good job ladies. You will battle against each other in order to sing for Michael."

The crowd gave us a standing ovation. She
gave me a hug and we congratulated each other. While hugging, I immediately began
to brainstorm ideas for the song I want to perform in front of Michael.

"Okay now that we have that out the way, I have a surprise for you guys. Since Michael is here tonight, he's going to perform a few unreleased songs from his Bad album. You don't want to miss this. He's on in fifteen minutes."

While Michael was prepping for his performance, I ran back to my dressing room and touched my appearance up.

"Congratulations D! See I knew you could do it! You are a finalist. How are you feeling?"

"Like a million bucks. Thank you so much Christine. Thank you for believing in me."

"Girl why wouldn't I? I will always believe in you and have faith in you. So what are you doing?"

"Just touching up my makeup," I said while applying lip liner.

"Oh. But why? Are you going somewhere or something? And what's with that tight ass dress you're wearing? You wasn't wearing it onstage."

"This is not tight. It fits perfectly. And chill, I'm touching up my makeup because I want to. Remember what I told you about keeping up your appearance?"

"Yeah. So what, you only live to look pretty? There's more to life than look pretty Diana. Stop being vain. You're dressed like this for a reason, what are you up to?"

"Nothing," I lied while applying lipstick and eye liner. I grabbed my favorite bottle of perfume and drowned myself in it.

"Don't lie. Oh my God. Why didn't I piece all of this together? Makeup. Perfume. Tight ass dress. Y-you're trying to seduce Michael huh?"

"Of course not," I lied again.

Two hours later after Michael's performance, he stood around to sign autographs and take pictures. It was like an hour wait but it's worth it.

When I finally made it to the front of the line, I shook his hand and thanked him. "Thank you so much Mr. Jackson for believing in me. I really am a huge fan. You are probably the most talented man in the world."

"Not probably. I am," he smiled.

"Yeah better than Prince huh?" one of his guards asked while chuckling.

He flashed a beautiful smile and signed my wrist. Then took a quick picture with me. After we shook hands again, I tripped over my heel but lucky for me, he caught me just in time.

"I believe this is yours," he said referring to my shoe.

"Thank you so much, you're such a sweetheart."

"Anytime," he smiled.

I watched him head backstage. Then I figured that this would be the perfect opportunity.

"I'll be right back Christine. I have to go to the bathroom," I lied.

I made my way backstage. After he finished up a meeting with his crew, I tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around and asked "Diana? What are you doing?"

"Just wanted to thank you again. Thank you for everything," I smirked "so do you like my look?"

"Diana please. What do you want?"

"You," I said while walked towards him. I gave him a soft kiss on the lips, then he pulled away,

"W-what's wrong?"

"Look. Let me make this clear. You'll never make me stay so take your weight off of me."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I know your every move, so just let me be. I can see that you seduce every man but this time you wont seduce me."

"That's okay," I said "hey baby do what you please. I have the stuff that you want. I am the thing that you need. There's no turning back."

"I'm going to ask you again. What do you want?"

"I'll be your everything if you make me a star."