Chapter 25

It was the early hours of the morning; Ella paced nervously back and forth awaiting a phone call from her contact. She hoped he was able to secure the last piece of crucial equipment they needed to pull off their plan. Too excited to sleep, she yawned as she walked into the nursery, completed a few days ago. She took a seat in the rocking chair, situated in the corner of the room. Closing her eyes, she rocked back and forth, imagining her sister Lucy, rocking their sweet baby boy to sleep. She was suddenly startled from her daydream when the phone began to ring.

"Yes?"

"It's me; I just want to let you know that we are good to go."

She smiled, "Excellent!"

"I do hope you know what you're doing, Ella. This is a dangerous game we're about to play. What's the plan?"

Ella clicked her tongue, "I can't believe you doubt me. The plan is for you to meet me at the rendezvous spot in an hour. We'll have time to discuss exactly what will happen and what I need from you. I'll bring the rest of the supplies with me."

"Sounds good, see you in an hour."

She hopped up from the chair, excited for the day ahead. After grabbing the car seat from the closet, she headed out to gather the other items they needed.

***NCIS***

The beep...beep...beep of the alarm clock jolted Gibbs awake. He reached for his gun on the nightstand until he realized it was only the alarm. Using his already outstretched arm, he turned it off and lay back down. Surprisingly the noise had not wakened Tim, who was presently curled up in a ball next to him. Overall, they had a good night, considering Tim woke up complaining that his mouth hurt. After a dose of Tylenol followed by a teething ring and cuddling with Gibbs, he was back to sleep in no time. He leaned over, kissed Tim's forehead and quietly got out of bed. The blanket was in a heap at the end of the bed so he pulled it up over the sleeping baby and headed for the shower. Gibbs installed a massage showerhead two years ago after noticing the physical and emotional demands of being a special agent were taking a toll on his aging body. After the water heated up, he stepped in, closed his eyes and allowed himself a moment of relaxation. The past few days of constantly carrying Tim around, caused his back to ache so he turned around and allowed the pulsating water to massage it. His mind wandered, at first it was about Tim calling him daddy, then it turned to the uneasiness of having to leave his baby for a few hours.

When he finally snapped out of it, he realized that he needed to finish before Tim woke up. He quickly washed his hair, used a loofah to scrub his body and rinsed off. Grabbing a towel off the nearby rack, he patted himself dry and stepped out of the shower. Eager to see if Tim was awake, he wrapped the towel around his waist and peeked out the door. Relieved to see he hadn't moved he grabbed a pair of boxers out of the drawer and stepped back in the bathroom. Gibbs wanted to be wearing more than a towel if Tim woke up before he was finished with his morning routine. He left the door cracked so he could hear if the youngster woke up while he was in there. As he was finishing up, Gibbs heard crying coming from the bedroom; he turned off the water and opened the door. Tim was sitting in the middle of the bed, bawling, mumbling words Gibbs couldn't quite make out except for dada.

"Hey sweetie, I'm right here." Gibbs called out as he made his way over to the bed. Tim's gaze was cast downward, but as soon as he heard Gibbs' voice, he lifted his head.

The older man sat down and pulled the toddler into his lap. He wrapped his arms around him and whispered, "What's wrong, kiddo?"

Tim's sobbing, which had downgraded to sniffles now that he was safely tucked up against Gibbs, murmured "Mizz u Dada."

"Aww I missed you too, buddy. I was just getting ready for the day." He leaned back against the headboard, pulled Tim on top of him and started rubbing his back. The baby sighed as he laid his head down, enjoying the warmth and skin-to-skin contact from the older man.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Tim tensed up a little bit, but the gentle hand on his back, slowly relaxed him again.

"Boss?"

"Yeah, Tony?"

"Oh umm I just wanted to make sure you two were up. Ziva's making breakfast; it'll be ready in about ten minutes."

"Okay, we'll be down in a few."

Gibbs sat up and looked down at Tim, "Alright kiddo, we need to get you dressed. I'm going to finish first though."

He lifted the sheets looking for Tim's pacifier. Once he found it, he laid Tim on the bed and offered it to him. "You just relax, while I go finish getting ready, okay?"

Tim nodded, closed his eyes and started sucking on the pacifier. Gibbs quickly finished getting ready then skimmed through Tim's dresser picking out a pair of jeans and a button down shirt. Once Tim was changed, the two headed downstairs to be met by Ziva. "Breakfast is served. Ducky called to say they would be here in half an hour." Gibbs nodded, "You hungry, Timmy?"

Not expecting a reply, Gibbs headed out to the kitchen and sat down. Tony grabbed a clean bib off the counter and tied it around the toddler's neck. Ziva made each of them a plate at the kitchen counter before delivering them to the table. Tony followed with three fresh cups of coffee and a bottle of milk for Tim. Gibbs fed Tim and himself, alternating bites between the two of them. "Scrambled eggs are delicious, Ziva. Tim's been having oatmeal so it's a nice change for both of us." The toddler nodded as he gnawed on a piece of bacon.

Ziva smiled, "Thank you but scrambled eggs are hard to mess up." Not one to be left out, Tony piped in "Well I made the bacon."

Gibbs sighed, "Well, it was all good. Thank you."

As they were finishing up the doorbell rang. "Probably Ducky and Palmer, I'll get it," Tony commented, heading for the front door. It was at that moment Tim started squirming in Gibbs' arms. The older man leaned down and whispered, "It's only for a few hours, while we go to court. I'll be home before you know it, sweetie." Even though Tim understood the team needed to go to court, he still wasn't happy about being away from Gibbs.

"Well good morning, how is everyone today?" Ducky cheerfully asked as he entered the kitchen followed by Palmer. He walked over and ruffled Tim's hair, "Don't you look handsome today, lil fella'."

"Tank u," Tim replied burying his face against Gibbs' chest.

Gibbs leaned his chin on the top of Tim's head. "Hey, how about when I get home we go to the park?" Tim perked up, leaned back and smiled.

Ducky took a seat next to the pair and patted the youngster's leg; "I heard Abigail bought you a bunch of new toys yesterday. Would you like to show them to us?"

Tim adamantly shook his head. "Aww come on, Timmy. I bet Palmer could show you a thing or two about building some neat structures." Gibbs tried to persuade him.

Jimmy, clearly baffled at Gibbs' praise, adjusted his glasses, "Well I uh...uh... used to play with blocks all the time when I was younger."

Gibbs raised Tim's chin with his finger, "See, you'll have lots of fun with Ducky and Jimmy. When I get home, we'll spend the whole day together. We'll go to the park and then get some ice cream. How does that sound?"

The older man was able to get a small smile from Tim, but there was no doubt in his mind that the toddler felt just as uneasy about him leaving as his gut did.

Tony looked at his watch, "Boss, we need to get going or we're going to be late."

Tim immediately started crying when Gibbs stood up. "Sweetie, it's going to be okay. Let's go in the living room and show them your toys." However, Tim didn't care about toys, ice cream or the park. All he wanted was his daddy to stay and not leave him. He tightened his grip around Gibbs neck, eventually choking out, "No go Dada."

Gibbs was torn; he knew they needed him in court but his heart was with his little boy. He swept his fingers through the little guy's hair. "I know you don't want me to go, but I have no choice. This will be the only time I leave you alone, I promise."

Realizing it was going to take a little bit longer before Gibbs could successfully hand off the baby, Tony spoke up. "Ziva and I will go start the cars. We're going to drive separately because we wanted to stop and get a new dog for Tim."

He walked over to the pair, kissed the side of Tim's head and whispered, "We'll see you soon buddy."

Ziva followed his lead, after lovingly stroking his cheek she kissed it and said, "We love you, kiddo. See you in a bit."

Not wanting to drag out the goodbye any longer, Gibbs tightened his grip around the small body and gently squeezed. He closed his eyes, remembering that moment in time. Realizing the longer he stayed the harder it would be for both of them. He kissed the top of Tim's head and whispered, "I love you. You belong to me and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you safe. It's time for me to go now, son."

Gibbs walked over to Ducky, "Ready to take the little guy?"

Ducky stood up from the couch, "Well of course, Jethro."

Gibbs swallowed the lump in his throat as he kissed Tim and attempted to hand him off to Ducky. However, the baby had both arms locked around his neck. It wasn't until Ducky unhooked them that Gibbs was able to get free. He handed the baby over to Ducky, took one last look over his shoulder and walked out the door. Tim continued to sob as he watched the older man leave. Ducky tried everything he could think of to calm the lad; he rocked, bounced, tickled and even offered him the pacifier but nothing seemed to work. Tim had been crying so hard he began to choke on his own saliva. Ducky patted his back, "Aww come on sweet fella' you're only going to make yourself sick if you don't calm down."

Palmer didn't have a lot of experience with toddlers, but he knew he had to help Dr. Mallard out. After fifteen minutes of non-stop crying, he figured Tim didn't have much more in him, although he had also thought that ten minutes ago. He spied the bottle from breakfast on the kitchen table, ah ha he thought, as he walked over to retrieve it. Noticing it was empty; he refilled it, popped it in the microwave and headed back to the living room. By that point, Ducky was able to calm the youngster down a little bit, but not much. Palmer walked over to the pair and shook the bottle. "I know you have to be thirsty by now, you want some milk Tim?"

The little guy slowly lifted his head from Ducky's shoulder and nodded. "That's my boy!" the doctor praised him as he took a seat on the couch. "Mr. Palmer, would you like to do the honors since it was your idea?"

Jimmy smiled and took a seat next to Ducky. "It's been a while since I've held a baby," he admitted.

"Nonsense, you'll be fine. Just think it will be good practice when you and Breena have a baby someday."

Jimmy got comfortable on the couch as Ducky gently laid Tim in the crook of his arm. "Ah yes, just like that, Mr. Palmer," Ducky reassured him. Before Jimmy started feeding him, Ducky took a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped the remaining sweat and tears off Tim's face. "Ahh I do believe he's ready now." Jimmy nodded and held the bottle up to Tim's lips. The baby hesitantly looked between both men then slowly started sucking. They exchanged smiles as Tim finally settled into a rhythm and closed his eyes.

***NCIS***

Ella walked inside the small warehouse she rented out just for this occasion. She dropped two bags on the small table and headed back to her car to get the rest of the supplies. As soon as she stepped out of the door, her contact pulled in and parked next to her. She rummaged around her trunk, pulled out the last bag and headed back inside. A moment later the man, whose own arms were filled, stepped inside.

With all the supplies they needed set out on the table in front of them, Ella could tell her wingman was beginning to have second thoughts. He paced back and forth, biting his fingernails. She walked over and put her hand on his arm. "You're not chickening out on me now, are you Jed?"

The man ran his fingers through his hair, "It's just... you don't know Gibbs like I do."

Ella sighed, "That was over twenty years ago Jed, he's gotten older and I'm not worried about him and either should you. Lucy's bond hearing is scheduled to start in 45 minutes. We have to snatch the kid then you have to get Lucy."

Knowing he wouldn't get paid until the job was done; Jed grabbed the tranquilizer gun and started loading it. He looked over at Ella as she slipped on a tool belt and loaded it down with the necessities she needed once they infiltrated Gibbs' house. They worked in silence, each preparing what they needed for their part of the plan. Once Ella was satisfied, everything was in working order they loaded what each of them needed in separate cars. She handed him a walkie-talkie then opened her car door, "Jed, come sit in my car and we'll discuss how I expect this all to go down." He nodded and took a seat in the passenger side of her car.

The entire drive to the courthouse, Gibbs was cursing himself for not following his gut and staying home with Tim. He could still feel the baby's arms wrapped around his neck and the look on Tim's face as he walked out the door. All he wanted to do was get this over with so he could go home and be with his son. As he pulled into the courthouse behind Tony and Ziva, he parked then took a moment to collect his thoughts. Suddenly there was a knock on the window, which made him jump. Apparently, he was so deep in thought he hadn't noticed Tony and Ziva standing by the car waiting for him. He took a deep breath, opened the door and got out. "You okay, Boss?" Tony asked, giving the man a once over before scooting out of the way. Ziva had an equally concerned look on her face. "Yeah, I'm fine. The faster we get in there, the faster I get back to my boy." Tony and Ziva exchanged worried glances before following Gibbs into the courthouse.

Once they were inside, Gibbs scanned the log of cases listed for the day and in which courtroom they would be presiding. After finding the Grey case log, he motioned for Tony and Ziva to follow him. They stopped in front of one of the last courtrooms in the hallway and waited. A well-dressed man holding a case file extended his hand, "Agent Gibbs? I'm Ron Anderson, district attorney."

Gibbs hated lawyers; even lawyers that were supposed to help him. Even though this man was the district attorney and put bad guys away for a living, just like his team, there was something about him he didn't like. He gave a small nod as he reached out to shake the man's hand.

"These are a few members of my team, Special Agents...DiNozzo and David."

"Pleased to meet you, thanks for coming all the way down here this morning."

Gibbs snapped, "Yeah, well it better be worth it! I have a kid to get back to!"

"I fully understand Agent Gibbs we are up next. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't feel the need for you to be here. However this judge tends to be quite lenient and I would hate to see Lucy Grey be granted bail today."

Gibbs grunted, "Yeah, yeah just tell us what to expect and we'll do what we're told."

Anderson nodded, "It depends, you may be called on for questioning by the judge, but most likely not. With the video we have from Ella's visit that should be more than enough to keep Lucy in jail. Speaking of which, you haven't found Ella yet, have you?"

"No, we haven't found her." Tony spoke up realizing Gibbs was at the end of his rope.

Finally, the door to the courtroom opened and the bailiff motioned for them to enter.

***NCIS***

Ella followed Jed as he turned onto Gibbs' street. "Pull up over here, Jed." she ordered through the walkie-talkie. He pulled over to the side of the road and waited for her next set of instructions.

"I know the layout of Gibbs' house, there has been a pair of agents on protection detail. Since I know which car belongs to whom, I'm going to drive by and see what we're dealing with."

"10- 4." He replied trying not to hyperventilate as he realized there was essentially no backing out now.

Jed watched as Ella pulled out from behind him and slowly drove down the street. He didn't know exactly which house it was, but when he saw brake lights, he had a good idea.

Ella drove slowly down the street, scouting out her prey. She slowed down a bit when she got to Gibbs' house and was happy to see there were only two agents and a car she didn't recognize in the driveway. Satisfied they could move forward with their plan, she drove around the block, and once again parked behind Jed. "Alright, we have two agents stationed outside the house and a car in the driveway I didn't recognize. It's possible that Agent Gibbs is at Lucy's hearing right now. If that's the case this should be even easier than we expected."

Jed took a deep breath and exhaled, he knew that in order for this to all work out he needed to hit his targets. The Marine Corps trained him for situations like this, but that was nearly two decades ago. "Ella, what about the neighbors? What if they see something and call the police?"

She sighed, "Once they've been hit, drag them behind one of the cars so nobody can see what's happening. You have to be stealthy though or we're going to tip off whoever is in the house. I'll head around to the side by the air conditioner and start prepping that. Meet me there once you're done."

He released the safety on the tranquilizer gun, took another deep breath and grabbed the walkie-talkie. "I'm ready, are you?"

Ella laughed, "Let's go baby hunting!"

After Tim finished the bottle, he was in a much better mood. Jimmy sat the baby up in his lap and asked, "You want to play with your blocks now?"

"Yesh," the toddler answered and pointed to the pile in the middle of the living room. Jimmy stood up, carried him over to the pile and sat down on the floor. Ducky watched as they started building various shapes and sizes of buildings. Once again, Jethro came over to join in the fun, knocking a few of the buildings over as he walked through the middle of their masterpieces in order to be close to Tim. The toddler was disappointed at first, but once Jimmy started to rebuild them, he forgot they had been ruined in the first place. Ducky looked at his watch and commented, "Gibbs should be home soon I would imagine." Tim looked up from the blocks with hopeful eyes, "Dada?" The older man laughed, "Ahh yes, your dada should be home soon. I know he's missed being here with you." The youngster nodded and turned his attention back to the blocks in front of him. Ducky breathed a sigh of relief; thankful his mention of Gibbs did not cause Tim to become upset again.

Jed slowly pulled his car back onto the street and waited for Ella to follow. He slowed down in front of Gibbs' house and rolled down the window, "Hey can one of you tell me how to get back on the freeway?"

The two agents exchanged glances before one of them walked closer to the car. "Yeah it's just half..."

Knowing this was his opportunity; Jed raised the tranquilizer gun and fired, hitting the agent who had come close to the car in the right side of his chest. Before the other agent could get his gun, Jed fired another shot with such precision the agent never had a chance. Jed quickly got out of the car to assess the men's condition. Their eyes were dilated and neither was able to move. Concerned the sedative would wear off before they had time to complete their mission; he stood over each of their bodies and fired a second shot. Convinced they wouldn't be waking up anytime soon, he grabbed one agent under the arms and dragged him behind a pile of bushes. The other agent was a bit heavier so he dragged him as close to the car as he could and threw a blanket over him.

While Jed was finishing up, Ella quietly made her way over to the air conditioning unit. She pulled out her hole saw, hooked on a small saw blade of circular proportion and drilled into the air conditioner. She cringed as the drill made a loud shrieking sound. Soon Jed was at her side whispering, "What do you want me to do?"

She held her finger up to her lips. "The drill was louder than I expected, make sure nobody comes out the front door before I'm done with this."

He nodded, moved a step to his left and peeked out from behind a large shrub that gave him a perfect view of the front door.

Ella pulled out a bottle of sufentanil that she stole her last day working at the pharmacy.

"What's that?" Jed whispered nervously as he glanced between Ella and the front door.

"It's a powerful sedation drug used in a hospital setting, mainly in operating rooms or when a patient needs short-term pain relief. This is going to be our ticket to get in there and grab the kid without bloodshed."

"So that's why you needed the vaporizer from the hospital?"

She nodded as she placed one end of the tubing from the vaporizer on top of the sedation bottle and stuck the other end of the tubing into the hole she made in the air conditioning system.

"The vaporizer will allow me to turn the liquid sedative into an aerosol and dilute it with a solvent gas. Once I have the right concentration it will filter into the house, leaving everyone in it unconscious."

She turned the nozzle on the vaporizer and smiled with relief when it started pumping gas into the AC unit.

Irritated at how long it was taking, Jed asked, "How long do we have to wait before we can enter? We're sitting ducks out here!"

"We'll give it another minute just to be sure. Although, make sure you have your tranquilizer gun with you when we enter, just to be safe. We're going through the back door so it will be less obvious."

Once Ella felt comfortable the gas was doing its job, she turned off the vaporizer, grabbed a gas mask and threw it at Jed. "When we get to the back door put that on before we enter the house. Let's go!"

Tim was starting to feel dizzy and the blocks in front of him kept moving. He reached out to stack another block on top of his building, but missed. Looking up he realized Jimmy, Ducky and Jethro's heads were separated from their bodies or at least that's what it looked like to him. Just as he was about to tell the older men he wasn't feeling well, his body tilted to one side and his head hit the ground. The last thing he remembered was the terrified look on Ducky's face before his world went black.

Jimmy and Ducky glanced worriedly at each other when they noticed Tim's depth perception was suddenly altered. The toddler was staring at them with a confused look on his face. Suddenly his eyes began closing and his body rolled to one side. "Mr. Palmer, we need to get out of here." Ducky coughed as he stood up but immediately fell to his knees. He attempted to crawl to get hold of Tim but the gas was too strong and before he knew it, he was drifting off into a state of unconsciousness. Jimmy looked over as his mentor hit the ground with a thud, his first thought was to get the baby, but the more he coughed and the deeper breaths he took, the harder it became for him to stay awake. He wasn't that far from Tim; however, each movement he made toward the toddler became more difficult. He was able to grab hold of Tim's foot, but even pulling the youngster toward him was a greater feat than he could manage. I'll just rest awhile and try again later Jimmy thought as he laid his head down and looked over at Jethro. The dog was out cold, sprawled across the floor with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"You think it's been enough time?" Jed asked as he peered through the small window on top of the door. Ella looked at her watch, "It's been about two and half minutes, I believe it's safe to go in, but we need to move fast."

They both slipped on the gas masks; after a couple of tries, Jed was able to kick in the door. He entered first, with his tranquilizer gun ready in case the gas hadn't done its job. They cautiously walked into the kitchen, then headed into the living room where they spotted four figures. Ella knelt down beside Tim and checked his pulse; cringing at the fact it was weak she immediately pulled out a needle from the tool belt on her hip. She pinched the skin on his arm and injected the antidote into his body. Motioning for Jed to pick up Tim she walked over to Jimmy and Ducky. Relieved to find a much stronger pulse on the two older men, she quickly injected each of them with the same antidote and headed for the door. Jed quickly grabbed her arm, spinning her back around. He pointed at Jethro laid out on the floor not moving. Ella shrugged her shoulders then quickly knelt by his head. She pinched the back of his neck and injected the same solution she'd given the others into his muscle. Collecting the rest of their supplies, they hurried out the door and removed the gas masks. "Is the dog going to survive?" Jed asked as a seemingly lifeless Tim lay in his arms.

"I'm not sure; the antidote is used on humans so I guess we'll never know if he makes it or not. That's not our problem! We need to get out of here before anyone sees us!"

As they walked around the side of the house, Ella grabbed the supplies they had collected and cautiously followed Jed as he peeked around the corner. Relieved to see the two agents still unconscious, he ran to Ella's car and buckled Tim in the car seat. Ella dumped the rest of the supplies in her trunk and turned to Jed, "You know what the rest of the plan entails, I want to see my sister so don't screw this up! When we get far enough away I'll stop and check on the little guy." He nodded then hurried over to his car and took off. Ella smiled as she got in the car and looked in the rearview mirror, happy to see that Tim was slowly starting to wake up.

***NCIS***

The three agents sat in the courtroom, immediately behind the district attorney. It wasn't long after they took their seats before two guards literally carried Lucy in. Gibbs could immediately tell a difference in her look and actions; she wasn't the same woman he interrogated less than 24 hours ago. He looked over at Ziva to confirm his suspicions that indeed something had changed with her. She nodded and leaned over Tony, "She is not right, I do not like this one bit."

When the guards sat Lucy down at the table with her attorney, she crossed her arms and laid her head down on them. The agents watched as her attorney leaned over and whispered in her ear. Eventually she sat upright again as the bailiff yelled out, "All rise!" Using her attorney as a crutch, Lucy was able to stand, but once the judge ordered them to be seated, she plopped down with a loud thud. The judge looked her way and spoke, "Ms. Grey, are you well enough for this hearing today?"

"Hearrin'? Whooz hearin'?" She slurred, looking around the courtroom, unable to focus on the judge. "Mr. Harper, does your client need medical attention?" The attorney turned and whispered to Grey who had put her head down on the table in front of her. Realizing he was getting nowhere with his client the attorney politely replied, "I've never witnessed her like this before, can we take a short break so she can be looked at by a doctor?"

"Of course, but it will be done in here, bailiff please call for the physician."

Gibbs didn't like this; his gut had kicked into overdrive as soon as they sat down in the courtroom. He wanted to make a phone call, but knew the judge would not allow him to leave. He kept his eyes on Grey as the doctor came in and did his examination. A few minutes into the exam, the doctor approached the judge at the bench. "I'm deeply concerned about Ms. Grey, her blood pressure is dangerously low, she's barely coherent and she's complaining of dizziness. I've called for an ambulance; she must be transported to the hospital for tests."

"If that's your professional opinion doctor then we'll postpone her bail hearing for another day."

"I do believe that would be best, I'll wait with her until the paramedics arrive."

The judge nodded and addressed both attorneys; "The doctor believes it would be best if the defendant is checked over at a local hospital. She is unfit to stand trial today so we'll get it rescheduled for another day."

They all watched as paramedics entered with a stretcher and lifted Lucy onto it. An oxygen mask was placed over her mouth and a blood pressure cuff went around her arm. After a discussion with the doctor, they exited the courtroom followed by two guards.

"I'm sorry that you had to come all the way down here and this happens. What a coincidence, huh? " Anderson commented as he spun around in his chair.

Gibbs scoffed, "I don't believe in coincidences. This was planned from the very beginning. Are you done with us, I have a son I need to get home to."

"Yes, of course Agent Gibbs you're all free to go. Thanks again for your time."

Jed waited patiently a few cars back from the ambulance at the courthouse. He watched as two paramedics and one guard took off with Lucy in the ambulance. He followed them and waited for the right moment to make his move. After a few blocks, they came to a stretch of road that gave him enough room to cut off the ambulance. He floored the gas pedal, flew by the ambulance then stepped on the break as he turned the steering wheel causing the car to spin out in front of it. He flinched as the ambulance came to a screeching halt, barely missing his car. The best way for Jed to pull this off was pretend like he was hurt. He slumped over the steering wheel and when he heard the door open, he shot the first paramedic with the tranquilizer gun. He had enough time to get out of the car as he heard the back door to the ambulance open. "Everything alright out here?" The guard asked as he stepped around from behind the vehicle. Before he had a chance to pull his weapon, Jed was able to get two shots off, each one landing in his chest. He quietly made his way to the back of the ambulance where the last paramedic was checking Lucy's vital signs. He didn't even see the shot coming as it hit him in the neck and he fell over sideways. Jed quickly shot him in the arm as good measure and unbuckled Lucy from the stretcher. He hoisted her in his arms and carried her back to the car. There was another car headed their way so he threw Lucy in the backseat, jumped in the front seat and drove off.