4: Mating Habits of the Popular and the Petty

Tyra

My name is Tyra Van Gilder and I'm dating the school's heartthrob.

By theory, our relationship is perfect. Desmond Arrington is by far the most attractive man I've ever met. Not the most handsome, not the tallest, and certainly not the most normal, but he's got presence and he's got money, and that's all that matters.

Me? I'm just your typical popular girl. I know I'm pretty; I always make sure that I did my make up right early in the mornings and touched up nice at afternoon. I work out to keep in shape, and I even sacrifice the taste of meat so that I could maintain the topnotch condition of my skin and hair. My surname screams old-money, and we've always have it good financially.

To sum it all, we're the perfect couple, the source of jealousy and hatred and wistful thinking of any other couples. And goddamn it, we both know and gloat (silently) about it.

Now, everything would have been pitch perfect, if I didn't hate Desmond Arrington, my supposedly most perfect partner.

I hate him. I hate him so much I want to tear his dick apart and staple it on the walls.

On the other hand, though, I can't really say that I hate him right in his face. My family might be powerful, but his family can crush mine in mere seconds. Just like he crushed my brother.

So I do what all other sane girls would do. I scheme.

It hasn't been going so well, even though I found a lot of people who shared my predicament. Desmond is too potent, too confident, and too sturdy.

But now I found a girl who might be able to help me to dethrone Desmond, and that girl, I may add, is a monster.

Her name's Cassandra Bellington, and when it comes to determination, she's top of the class.

I gave her twenty-eight days to revamp herself, and she totally does that. At the first week, everything is still going slow. She still ate carbs, her workout routine's all messed up, and she didn't put make up at all. But when the second week passes, she's gone into a total annihilation mode. Now, armed with Dior and Lancome and a few tweaks here and there, Cassie turns heads whenever she goes.

Come to think about it, not everyone can impress Tyra Van Gilder.

And I swear on my grandmother's pearls, I keep catching Desmond looking at her when he thinks no one notices.

Not me, honey, not me.

I'm aware of his every move. We've been together for six months for nothing. I know the signs when he's going to cheat on me (by status, we're still together after all), and all the signs say that he has his eye on Cassandra Bellington Revamped ®.

Big mistake, Desmond, honey. A very big one.

-

-

-

Chapter Four: Mating Habits of the Popular and the Petty

She looked damn good.

The thought made Cassie flinch, but it was true. She was looking so goddamn good she almost couldn't believe that the mirror wasn't playing a big joke on her. It was already last day of the Great Makeover Maneuver, and so far she had been losing weight like crazy. Sure, it had been hard in the first couple of days, but the girls kept pestering her to go to the gym, and their lethal glares gave Cassie all the necessary incentive to keep working her ass off on the treadmill.

And boy, all of those sweat and blood, they all paid off.

Clad in her –now loose- school uniform, Cassie twirled around and pinched at the places where usually she'd find fat. Well, there was still fat, but a significant amount of it had already burnt off.