⊱ ────── {⋅

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"What the hell is this?" A booming voice echoes against the walls of the dorm, ripping through the initial silence.

Taehyung winces, petrifried of the person who was now standing at the foot of his bed, arms crossed.

A piece of paper had been thrown on to the soft surface of his comfortable matress and he immediately recognises it to be the letter he wrote for Dahee.

Tears were brimming in Jimin's eyes and he swallows back the lump growing in his throat. The man desperately blinks back the tears and manages to speak with a shaky voice.

"What the hell is the last sentence supposed to mean, Tae?" He croaks out, pointing a seemingly threatening finger towards the note.

Taehyung runs a hand through his hair in frustration before picking up the letter himself and shoving it into the drawer of his bedside table.

"Nothing." Taehyung manages to mumble.

Jimin seemed to grow increasingly vexed at this, "Nothing? Were you trying to fucking leave us?" He asks again, his voice sending a chill down Taehyung's spine.

The silence is grave and Taehyung can almost feel Jimin's anger radiating from his body.

The taller man tries not to make any contact with the other and darts his eyes around the room.

"Taehyung," Jimin speaks again, "I know this is breaking you but you can't kill yourself just because she's gone."

Taehyung doesn't get a single chance to respond before the man begins to talk again.

"Do you think Dahee would want this? She would want you to live for her as well." He sighs, "You guys are 'Forever'. If you die, 'Forever' will turn into 'Never'."

⊱ ──── {⋅. flashback .⋅} ──── ⊰

2013

"Taehyung, why  are you still with your girlfriend?" The staff's words seems to put pins in Taehyung's heart as he searches for a reason in his head.

Taehyung doesn't get a chance to respond when the staff sitting across him speaks up again.

"Break up with her."

Taehyung widens his eyes, slamming his hands on the table and scoffing. He is definitely not doing that to Dahee.

"I can't do that!" He protests, proceeding to swing his arms in the air.

The staff simply rolls his eyes, "Do you think you'll get any fans if the public knows about her?" He snaps. With that, the staff leaves the room, signalling that it was the end of the conversation.

Obviously, Taehyung wasn't convinced. He wasn't going to break up with Dahee. He convinced himself that his fans would love him regardless of his love life.

But eventually, he has to follow whatever the agency told him to. They had threatened to kick Taehyung out of the company and Taehyung figures that he couldn't let go of his dream that easily.

The day before Christmas Eve, Taehyung is wandering on the streets with his mask pulled up tightly, covering his nose and mouth.

He settles on buying a couple necklace for Dahee and himself. It had the word 'Forever' engraved on the pendant and he clasps it around his neck.

He hopes that no matter how far they were, regardless of what their relationship was like, he wanted them to be 'Forever'.

The next 2 years follow with Taehyung missing and thinking about Dahee every single day.

Initially, he cries himself to sleep everyday. But one day, he releases that he is numb to the pain and stops crying. He doesn't stop dreaming about seeing her though.

He tries to visit Dahee every year on Christmas or, on his birthday. However, his plans are always soiled by the agency.

From then on, he lived his life apart from Dahee.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

2018 was a magical year. After facing so many hardships, their efforts were paid off with various grand awards.

But for Taehyung, he was simply ready for the year to end. He was looking forward to the start of the new year so that he can leave the past behind.

It has been almost 3 years since he lost Dahee. 3 years of not being able to breathe the same air.

He often finds himself thinking about her silky hair, that shined like honey under the evening sun.

He wonders how things would've been like if Dahee was by his side to watch all of his achievements. Taehyung finds himself often thinking, 'What's the point of being successful if Dahee wasn't here to see it?'.

Afterall, Dahee was the reason why Taehyung decided to pursue his career.

Whenever he wanted to give up, Dahee always picked him up and pushed him further.

He feels stupid, stupid that he let go of Dahee so easily. Sometimes, he also find the urge of wanting to join Dahee on the other side.

But Taehyung lives for Dahee. Afterall, their souls were connected.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰
that's the end! i'm sorry if this chapter
seemed messy, i'm not exactly sure how
i can fix it :/ but i may eventually come
back to edit it again!! thank you so much
for sticking with me & reading this book :)

tell me what you think!
lots of love, kim 💜