SIX

Xinena fixed the strap of her bag on her shoulder as she flipped her hair over her shoulder

She looked around the hallways, not seeing any of her friends in sight.

As she peeked inside one of the empty classrooms, it turned out it wasn't so empty after all. The girl watched as Monse and Cedar stood there, their faces stern.

Monse stepped closer to the boy, scoffing at him, "So you want me to be fair? And tell you what last night was about?"

"It was about a warm body," the girl sighed, lushing past him and out of the classroom.

Monse jumped at the sight of Ximena, cluching her chest. "Jeez!"

"Well, that was..harsh," the girl joked, seeing Monse's face frown.

She gave her friend a reassuring smile, putting her arm over her.

Ximena pulled her closer, "I have an idea, how about we have a girl's night after I get off of work? B-rated movies, snacks that'll make us feel gross, and boy talks."

Suddenly, the teenagers felt a force pull them apart. Joasmine stood in between, looping her arms through the girl's elbows and joining them, "I'm down!"

"Hey," Cesar greeted, giving Ximena a half smile as she pulled out a water bottle from her bag.

The girl awkwardly walked next to him towards their normal table.

"Hi," she replied shyly.

She never knew exactly what to say to the boy, after everything that had happened and everything they had went through together.

Not to mention, she was on the outs with his brother and he was on the outs with Monse.

Ximena hated to admit it, but everytime she saw him, she would see a glimpse of Olivia.

"I was wondering if I could, uh, talk to you about something?" Cesar cleared his throat nervously, keeping his head down.

Ximena raised an eyebrow at him, "What's up?"

"With everything that's been going on, I kind of let school get past me," he admitted, Ximena understood. Her grades weren't exactly the best right now either.

"Honestly, I'm doing the worst I've done in years, which I didn't even think was possible, but anyway. I wanted to ask if you could, um, I don't know, tutor me or something? After school? If you're not busy, of course."

The girl chuckled at how anxious he was to request something so simple of her. She nodded her head, putting Cesar at ease. "Yeah, of course. Can I ask why me though?"

The boy shrugged as they approached Jasmine, "Oscar always mentioned how smart you were."

Ximena didn't know how to react to that comment, Oscar mentioning something about her to his little brother. She couldn't help but to feel butterflies in her stomach at the thought but they immediately fluttered away as she snapped back into reality. Jasmine was sitting at the lunch table, her phone in her hand and an obnoxious YouTube video blasting.