Chapter 1

I checked the time and realized that it was time to head towards the library.

I walked out of the school and entered the small building next to it, where the library was located.

Inside it was quiet, what a surprise.

I purposely stomped to the second floor where I knew Benjamin would be seated and I got myself some angry stares.

"Stop stomping!" The librarian scolded me and I leaned back and put a hand over my mouth in "surprise".

"What? Me? I would never... Are you calling me fat?" I accused her in pretended furiousness.

I started to sob and the librarians eyes went wide.

"Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. Uhm... I'm sorry... Sorry" She repeated and I had to keep a laugh from escaping.

"It's okay..." I said, still sobbing as I stomped the last part up the stairs and felt a grin takeover as I looked around for Benjamin.

I finally spied him, sitting in a couch in the corner of the room. He was curled up and hid his face behind a book.

The couch was stood behind a bookshelf, so it was basically mission impossible to find the damned kid.

"Hi there Benjamin!" I cheered way to loudly, he looked up at me with a hesitant glare and I blew him a kiss.

"Have you missed me?" I purred in his ear as I sat down and he uncomfortably pressed himself to the end of the couch, desperately trying to get as far as possible away from me.

I laughed and leaned back in the couch, resting my legs in his knee.

He looked down on them like they were a pair of aliens and then slowly pushed them off him.

I huffed and sat down normally again.

"Well what have you chosen?" I finally asked, Benjamin looked up at me and then down at his notes.

"Uhm...I-I thought you could choose between 'how love makes you feel and why' and 'How love is presented in the media'..." He stuttered, nervously showing me his notes where he had circled the two headlines.

"I think 'Love in the media' could be interesting"

He looked up at me with a surprised frown and I had to bite my lip to suppress a laugh.

"Can I call you Ben?" I then asked out of the blue.

Benjamin was such a long name and it got annoying to say.

"Call me Benjamin" He muttered as he started to write in his papers again, any sign of nervousness was now turned into bitterness and I furrowed my brow.

"Oooh, I know... Benji! That's perfect" I smiled and I saw his eyes darken.

"Do not call me Benji" His voice sounded strangled and I furrowed my brow.

"Aww, don't be such a grumpy cat, Benji" I joked, pushing his shoulder lightly.

He didn't laugh though, he just glared at his notes.

"What did those papers ever do to you, ay?" I awkwardly tried to cheer him up and I high fived myself in my mind when I saw his lip tug at a smile.

"Okay then Benji, let's start with the introduction... How do we catch the audience's attention?"

At that he looked up at me and he opened his mouth hesitantly but then closed it again.

"What?" I pushed and he sighed.