Chapter 2

Hilla, was beyond frightened. She could never go back to that place where her life was made a misery. "Hilla, I know that you don't want to go back at all but we need you to go undercover because nobody else can solve a case like this as well as you," Eret said in a persuading tone.

"Can't Jacob go instead?" Hilla asked in a outraged tone.

"No, and this is not because of the case. Those poachers obviously know Berk from the inside out all around, so the only other person that can counter-attack that is you Hilla. Look, I'm gonna give you 24 hours to think about it and if you change your mind, I will have a car waiting to take you to your mission as well as your gear to keep you safe, files on what we know about these poachers, and you can pack the rest of whatever you want to take with you," Eret said debriefing her on her choice before leaving Hilla to her thoughts.

She sat down and sighed before looking over her notes in the file about the poachers before stopping on one and checking it out. Pulling it out of the file and reading it clearly, Hilla began to go pale as she finished reading it before looking over to Eret's office with a worried look on her face. Quickly, she got up the file and walked over to Eret's office with a blank expression on her face. Opening the door, Hilla made her way over to Eret's desk and said, getting straight to the point, "When were you going to tell me that my father was being made a target by these poachers?"

Eret stood up from his seat and said "I was gonna say something but it's better for you to find out and make your own decisions than let you make them based on what you should do."

"You are making no sense and if I have to protect my dad, then I have to go Eret. I'll head home and pack up the stuff that I need for this mission. No questions asked and this will be cracked wide open before you know it," Hilla said in a serious tone with a serious look on her face.

"Okay, I'll have everything ready by 8 am sharp and a I.D. badge in case if you run into trouble to state that you work for us," Eret replied with a nod of his head.

"Thanks Eret. But keep something like this from me again and I'll be the one keep those solved cases from you and taking them to the actual chief police of this department," Hilla replied in a serious tone with an angry face.

"Alright Hilla. Be safe," Eret said with a smile knowing that she always kept true to her threats.

Hilla gave a nod of her head in confirmation before leaving the office and heading out towards Heather to inform her of the problem. After a few moments of explaining, Heather got up, came over to Hilla, and hugged her in tears while Hilla cried as well. They stayed that way for a while before breaking the hug and holding each other at arms length. Hilla smiled sadly, which made Heather smile sadly, before they let each other go and Hilla left out of the department to confront her horrible past tomorrow morning.

~~~

When Hilla woke up in her bed, she knew today was the day she had to leave. She got up, took a longer warm shower, and put on her regular professional clothes. They consisted of a dark blue dressy shirt with a silver belt at the middle, black dressy pants, black dressy low heel shoes, and black dressy cardigan jacket. She put her hair into a tight bun above her head and placed on some lip gloss. Hilla was never a girly girl type but she was a professional detective and she had to look good for her jobs, so she just wore a bit of lip gloss on rare occasions.

Once done, Hilla packed up her guns, the files, extra clothing, extra ammo, a special gun that Heather gave her for last Christmas, a bulletproof vest, couple of books that might help out with the mission, a few daggers, a weapon belt carrier in case of emergencies, papers filled with possible information on the possible leaders of the poachers, her badge, and a picture of her mother. Valka Haddock was once on the Berkian Police force with Stoick and fell in love with him on a mission. They got married and had Hilla a few years later but sadly Valka had died when Hilla was only two years old because of a mission gone wrong that caused Valka to go down a hole in the streets that they never encountered before. Nobody ever found her body and pronounced her dead after a few months of searching.

Hilla knew her mother was still alive but just couldn't figure out how or where she might be. Sighing, she closed her suitcase and locked it in place before heading out the house, with her suitcase in tow, and locking the door behind her. She then waited for the car to show as it was one minute before 8 and her flight was at 8:30. Soon the car showed and pulled next to the sidewalk before pulling to a stop and halting. The window rolled down and the driver looked at Hilla before she remembered him. "Joshua Jones, been a while since I last saw you. How's the wife?" Hilla asked cheerfully.

"Pretty good on my life and my wife, so you are going back to your old home?" Joshua asked curiously.

"Yup, sadly but have to do my job," Hilla replied as she got into the backseat of the car and put her suitcase on the floorboard before buckling up and waiting for the car to move.

"Aye, you just wish to not go there if it weren't for your job. Now which airport are ya going to lass?" Joshua asked politely as he started to drive the car.

When Hilla gave her destination to Joshua, she looked out the window and watched as the sky clouds passed over from above her. Today was the day she had to face her past and show them what a true warrior she had become by being a detective. She will show those losers up and burn them down with her words before leaving that place for good once the job is done. That's a promise she intends on keeping to leave her past for good and live a happy ending in the future.